Our partner

It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 am

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Repeating words?

I know this guy with autism and he tends to repeat things like phrases over and over again. He also copies jokes form sitcom, why do autist do that?
Read more : Repeating words? | Views : 794 | Replies : 0

What is Autistic Psycopathy?

And can you give me some symptoms
Read more : What is Autistic Psycopathy? | Views : 1635 | Replies : 9

In need of some advice, please&thank you.

Hello, my name is Rain. I am unsure if we belong here or not. If we do not, we do not mean to offend anyone. Normally, we are on the Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum (once known as MPD, Multiple Personality Disorder). However, we have come across some difficulties with an alter/personality of our's, and I would greatly appreciate any input, advice, or opinions that anyone has.

Before anyone tells me it is impossible to have ...
Read more : In need of some advice, please&thank you. | Views : 1723 | Replies : 15

I might have Aspergers. However...just to be certain...

Hey all.

I'm new to the forums, and since this has been bugging me for quite a while, I figured that it would make as a fitting introductory post. Opinions would be appreciated.

Once, when I was about 9, my parents took my younger brother and I to see a psychologist. I wasn't really sure what was going on, except that there was this nice lady showing me pictures and asking me a few questions. ...
Read more : I might have Aspergers. However...just to be certain... | Views : 895 | Replies : 1

Looking for a list

I was looking for a list of behaviors that describe autism, aspergers, and PDD other than the diagnostic features for ASDs. Such as lacking or misunderstanding humor.
Read more : Looking for a list | Views : 983 | Replies : 2

How likely is it to be misdiagnosed for PDD-NOS?

I've been feeling pretty confused and depressed lately because of my diagnosis. I may be in denial or something but I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS which when I was younger and now I'm feeling depressed about it and I'm not sure if I fit in with the description. I think it might of been a misdiagnosis and I'm not sure if that is likely the case. The thing is, after reading about it I don't ...
Read more : How likely is it to be misdiagnosed for PDD-NOS? | Views : 1901 | Replies : 1

Socail skills and the spectrum

Have any of you learned social skills to mitigate autism or the other disorders on the autism spectrum such as aspergers or PDD capable of doing the same?
Read more : Socail skills and the spectrum | Views : 907 | Replies : 6

autism empathy survey

We often hear that autistic kids lack empathy. However, there are two distinct kinds of empathy - cognitive empathy, which is the ability to figure out how another person is feeling, and affective/emotional empathy, which is having the right emotional response to someone else's feelings.

So I've got a survey for parents to fill out about how well their child shows the two different kinds of empathy. I'm also interested in the relationship between empathy ...
Read more : autism empathy survey | Views : 791 | Replies : 0

Does She Have Autism or Just Hearing Difficulties?

I need assistance on determining if my daughter falls onto the Autistic Spectrum or if she is a normal child who is behind cognitively due to hearing difficulties as a child.

My daughter Lily is 3 1/2 years old. She had seven hearing infections from about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 years. Her mother and I switched doctors after we learned Lily should have had tubes put in much earlier.

The tubes were put in, ...
Read more : Does She Have Autism or Just Hearing Difficulties? | Views : 2048 | Replies : 11

Inspiring video

Hi all,
I would love to share this incredible inspiring video with everyone. The video is on Brandon who recovered from autism using the Son-Rise Program! This is just an amazing story: *link removed by Mod*.
Sencho
Read more : Inspiring video | Views : 693 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1919671 • Total topics 162737 • Total members 173315