Our partner

It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:23 am

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Teasing?

I read somewhere that people with autism don't understand teasing. Why is that?
Read more : Teasing? | Views : 1018 | Replies : 0

Coping

I know a guy who has autism and he does a lot of drugs to cope. Do or have any of you done this to cope with autism? And what benefits do you believe you gained from doing so?
Read more : Coping | Views : 694 | Replies : 0

DWP Questionnaire

I’m in Norfolk UK and have now had a questionnaire arrive in the post following a phonecall and letter from DWP. Are there any other Aspies / autistics / friends / spouses of such also on incapacity benefit and / or DLA willing to share experiences, hopefully of autism specific, or at least autism-friendly help and advice for getting through this and any related information, in Norfolk (Britain).

If there is any information / useful ...
Read more : DWP Questionnaire | Views : 766 | Replies : 0

Do I have Aspergers?

I want to start off by saying that I know none of you can give an accurate diagnosis and hence I'm not asking one (I am abiding by the forum rules, I believe)

For a very long time I was under the belief that I had Aspergers, but I'm currently unsure. I was unofficially diagnosed by a doctor with Autism (Aspergers in-particular) when I was very young, I also have shown considerably symptons of Aspergers. ...
Read more : Do I have Aspergers? | Views : 1399 | Replies : 4

Repeating words?

I know this guy with autism and he tends to repeat things like phrases over and over again. He also copies jokes form sitcom, why do autist do that?
Read more : Repeating words? | Views : 814 | Replies : 0

What is Autistic Psycopathy?

And can you give me some symptoms
Read more : What is Autistic Psycopathy? | Views : 1661 | Replies : 9

In need of some advice, please&thank you.

Hello, my name is Rain. I am unsure if we belong here or not. If we do not, we do not mean to offend anyone. Normally, we are on the Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum (once known as MPD, Multiple Personality Disorder). However, we have come across some difficulties with an alter/personality of our's, and I would greatly appreciate any input, advice, or opinions that anyone has.

Before anyone tells me it is impossible to have ...
Read more : In need of some advice, please&thank you. | Views : 1783 | Replies : 15

I might have Aspergers. However...just to be certain...

Hey all.

I'm new to the forums, and since this has been bugging me for quite a while, I figured that it would make as a fitting introductory post. Opinions would be appreciated.

Once, when I was about 9, my parents took my younger brother and I to see a psychologist. I wasn't really sure what was going on, except that there was this nice lady showing me pictures and asking me a few questions. ...
Read more : I might have Aspergers. However...just to be certain... | Views : 911 | Replies : 1

Looking for a list

I was looking for a list of behaviors that describe autism, aspergers, and PDD other than the diagnostic features for ASDs. Such as lacking or misunderstanding humor.
Read more : Looking for a list | Views : 1004 | Replies : 2

How likely is it to be misdiagnosed for PDD-NOS?

I've been feeling pretty confused and depressed lately because of my diagnosis. I may be in denial or something but I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS which when I was younger and now I'm feeling depressed about it and I'm not sure if I fit in with the description. I think it might of been a misdiagnosis and I'm not sure if that is likely the case. The thing is, after reading about it I don't ...
Read more : How likely is it to be misdiagnosed for PDD-NOS? | Views : 1953 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1937905 • Total topics 164329 • Total members 175995