Our partner

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:58 am

News News of Autism Forum

Site map of Autism Forum » Forum : Autism Forum

Autism message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Discounted fees for parents and students

Hidden Angel Foundation (HAF) is pleased to announce they are offering a 15% discount on the registration fee to parents of children with special needs.

Sandra Fornes the executive director of the Foundation commented that: “given our foundation was started by the parents of a child with special needs, we appreciate the pressures on time and finances so we wanted to do everything we can to facilitate parents joining us at the conference. MSE is ...
Read more : Discounted fees for parents and students | Views : 129 | Replies : 0

WEEKEND RESPITE

The Care People: Providing care in the home
An alternative to the nursing home option
And much more cost effective
Visit our web site for more details

WEEKEND RESPITE

Did you know that you could have home care in your home from as little as €9.99?

The Care People provide a weekend respite service for those who need a break.

We can look after your loved ones for the weekend while you get a well ...
Read more : WEEKEND RESPITE | Views : 152 | Replies : 0

Award winning recording artist to perform at Conference

Award winning recording artist to perform at Conference on helping individuals with special needs

The Hidden Angel Foundation is pleased to announce that George Canyon, Multiple Juno and CCMA Award Winning Country Artist will perform at the International Multi Sensory Environment (ISNA) Symposium in October. George’s current album, “What I Do” was produced by George and pop king Richard Marx George and includes the hit song ‘I believe in Angels’ which hovers near the top ...
Read more : Award winning recording artist to perform at Conference | Views : 149 | Replies : 0

Reason #4 for attending The Conference

Reason #4 for attending The Conference on helping individuals with special needs: Renowned Author and Harvard Neuro-anatomist –Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

A STROKE OF INSIGHT

Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, bestselling author of “My Stroke of Insight” and Harvard-trained neuro-anatomist, who experienced a severe hemorrhage in the left hemisphere of her brain. On the afternoon of this rare form of stroke, Jill could no longer walk, talk, read, write, or recall any of her life. The ...
Read more : Reason #4 for attending The Conference | Views : 143 | Replies : 0

Reason #3 for attending The Conference

Reason #3 for attending The Conference on helping individuals with special needs: A Discussion of the Benefits and Positive Outcomes of MSE

THE MANY BENEFITS OF MULTI SENSORY ENVIRONMENTS
Research has shown that MSE can improve the health, social well-being and quality of life of persons with severe and profound intellectual disabilities. The level of performance achieved by an individual is a reflection of the stimulation and opportunities afforded the individual by his or her ...
Read more : Reason #3 for attending The Conference | Views : 107 | Replies : 0

Reason #2 for Attending The Conference

Reason #2 for Attending The Conference on helping individuals with special needs: The Orchid Hypothesis

The Hidden Angel Foundation is proud to announce a key note speaker: David Dobbs

GENETIC ROOTS OF BEHAVIOR
The well known science journalist David Dobbs is the author of several books and a reporter for such publications as the New York Times Magazine, Atlantic Monthly, Slate, and National Geographic will talk about his most recent and highly regarded work titled ...
Read more : Reason #2 for Attending The Conference | Views : 121 | Replies : 0

Reason #1 for Attending The Conference

Reason #1 for Attending The Conference on helping individuals with special needs: Fostering Dialogue between diverse disciplines in Multi Sensory Environments (MSE)

Distinguished speakers will include David Dobbs, author of “the Orchid Hypothesis”, Jill Boyle Taylor, Ph.D., author of “A Stroke of Insight”; Ad Verheul, co-founder of the snoezelen concept and author of “Snoezelen Homemade”, Gillian Hotz, Ph.D., Miami Jackson Pediatric Brain Trauma Center and researcher of MSE and pediatric traumatic brain injury; Christopher Giza, ...
Read more : Reason #1 for Attending The Conference | Views : 172 | Replies : 0

Constantly quoting movies/television?

I watched a documentary on an autistic kid and all he ever did was quote television/movies and talk about them in relation to his own life. Had he not been autistic, I would have thought he was delusional and/or crazy.

I was just wondering what's the medical reason behind this?
Read more : Constantly quoting movies/television? | Views : 1340 | Replies : 6

Autistic Heroin Addicts

Anybody with autism ever use heroin? I was a dope fiend for 21/2 years when I lived in Baltimore. It took 5 detoxes before I got clean. I am curious if anybody else with autism has that craving for opiates. I live with chronic pain in feet due to electrocution and need morphine and dilaudid to manage pain, so even though I am not a dope fiend anymore, I am still chained to the opium ...
Read more : Autistic Heroin Addicts | Views : 1305 | Replies : 2

verbal communication

Does anybody here have problems with verbal communication?

I dont talk 90% of the time. I cant find the words to say or how to say it. I can talk in coherant sentences when I do talk. However the only thing I can talk about is Abnornal Psychology and Multimedia Technition (sound check, the lights, the computer rleating to those, etc.) related issues. Otherwise I am nonverbal.

Is this normal? I was homeschooled all my ...
Read more : verbal communication | Views : 448 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1399405 • Total topics 120221 • Total members 125223