Our partner

It is currently Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:59 am

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Hygiene Standards.

Does anyone find that their personal and general hygiene standards are somewhat less than when compared to others'?

For example; I work in a workshop environment where my hands are regularly black from oil, dirt, mud, dust, you name it.

Almost 9 times out of 10 I won't wash my hands before eating because I quite simply don't care. However, if they are literally black and wet with oil then I will.

If I'm handling ...
Read more : Hygiene Standards. | Views : 2602 | Replies : 24 | Forum : Asperger's Syndrome Forum

When a relationship with an ASPD person starts how to leave

I don't know if the title made much sense, what I am asking though, is how to leave a relationship with someone with ASPD who forces the relationship? Especially, if the person figures out where someone lives, because avoiding people can sometimes be easy, when someone figures out where someone lives though, it becomes harder to avoid the person.

Masturbation Fantasy/Fixation?

Hi, I'm looking for thoughts on my situation/someone who can connect to it.

I'm a guy in long term relationship with a girl. We're madly in love with each other and I want to spend the rest of my life with her and we have great sex.
I've had a masturbation fantasy since puberty about men though - I'll explain in a few lines time.
I've sat and thought does this mean I'm gay, but ...
Read more : Masturbation Fantasy/Fixation? | Views : 1739 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Sexuality Forum

Seeking Advice - Maybe HPD

This site has been very interesting reading.

I believe my wife may have HPD. We've been together 14 years, married 12 years, with 2 kids.

This year she has had 2 affairs in which the other person became their soulmate and she loved them. Admittedly, I am somewhat of an introvert so she has never been happy with the amount of attention that I have given her over the years.
During her first affair with ...
Read more : Seeking Advice - Maybe HPD | Views : 247 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

New to Site

This site has been very interesting reading.

I believe my wife to have HPD. We've been together 14 years, married 12, with 2 kids.

This year she has had 2 affairs in which the other person became their soulmate and she loved them. Admittedly, I am somewhat of an introvert so she has never been happy with the amount of attention that I have given her over the years.
During her first affair with a ...
Read more : New to Site | Views : 278 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

they called me freak and phyco

I remember when being called a freak phyco I was diagnosed with paranoid skitz at a young age i suffer from ptsd bipoler i am clinicly depressed and i was told "i needed to go to a phych ward for the deration of my life if i wanted to get better" I am 20 years old and thouse words still get used today In a aspect im not normal but in my eyes i am ...
Read more : they called me freak and phyco | Views : 223 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

Brutal and narcissistic (kinda long)

Unfortunately, I have been in abusive relationships most of my life. Just when I thought I had progressed and gotten past why I ended up in these relationships, I found myself in yet another one that has lasted 3 years, by far the worst I have ever experienced. I have never seen anything like this or known a person so thick and narcissistic. And just when I think he can't sink any lower, he pulls ...
Read more : Brutal and narcissistic (kinda long) | Views : 273 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Domestic Violence

Hi all! new guy here

Hi all,
I am a new one here. And I hope this forum will be very helpful and useful for me about health related issues and real life problems.

With Regards,
johny
Read more : Hi all! new guy here | Views : 87 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Member's Corner

hi im joe aka joe joe

hi i deal with parinod schizophrina i hate leaving my house i hate nhearing things that arnt there my biggist problom is the halusinazations is things that arnt there usally i can get away with it by telling my wife im stoned or i was spaceing out i itch costantly and its hard to deal with it feels like little bugs are crawling all over me i cant take meds they covinced me docters are ...
Read more : hi im joe aka joe joe | Views : 128 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Schizophrenia Forum

Two observations...(possible trigger)

I want to share an interesting experience that I had a couple of hours ago.

{TLDR version:} You may well become addicted to what you constantly view or do. Or you might lead yourself to believe that you have a problem when you actually don't--and that, I think, is even worse.

Preface:
I don't have a sexual addiction. Healthy sex drive, yes. Addiction, no. I'm addicted to cigarettes, specifically Marlboro mediums (I HAVE to have ...
Read more : Two observations...(possible trigger) | Views : 293 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Sexual Addiction Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1527658 • Total topics 131527 • Total members 135711