Our partner

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:04 pm

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Brand new and completely lost

Hi
I'm new to forums and this one especially so I don't really know the etiquette so I'm sorry if I get something wrong. What I'm looking for really is advice. I've been cutting for a while and it comes and goes, some times it's regular and sometimes I go for ages without doing it. I dont know if I'm ready to tell anyone yet and if I was I don't know who to tell ...
Read more : Brand new and completely lost | Views : 241 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Cutting and Self Injury Forum

How to respond without it being held against me?

Hi everyone! I have a question about my friend and need some input, please. We're both females, I've known her since childhood. We live far away from one another and so I only see her a few times every two or three months or so.

My friend called me up and yelled at me for not responding to her text messages. I had no idea what was going on- just picked up the phone and ...

GAD with no panic?

A neurologist has recommended I get treated for GAD, and although I never feel "panic attacks" or anxiety in general, I trust his judgement. However, I am just scared that I'm treating something that isn't there.

Has anyone else had nerve pain and electric shock sensations, coupled with dizziness, twitching, and an overall feeling of being separate from the body? It doesn't seem that I have lesions or seizures, but these symptoms are so pronounced ...
Read more : GAD with no panic? | Views : 296 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

how to ease off paranoia?

i've been struggling with what people are thinking about me or saying behind my back, i imagine a whole conversation and i base my actions according to how i feel after i am done imagining the worstcase scenario.. im afraid im succeeding in driving people away, its what i want to avoid hating myself so much for needing a family in my life but its making me miserable..
Read more : how to ease off paranoia? | Views : 612 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Not sure what to do.

Hi,

I need some advice about a friend. I'm 99.9 percent certain that she is bulimic and I dont know what to do. I've only just meet her, about 6 weeks ago so I don't really think I'm in a position to say anything to her. Is there any way I can help her without seeming like a pest? I know if someone said anything to me about my issues I'd be annoyed and then ...
Read more : Not sure what to do. | Views : 238 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Bulimia Nervosa Forum

New here....

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and that I'm new and hope to get a lot out of this forum. I'm 33, married for 10 and a half years and have a 10 and a half month old daughter. I also have Fibromyalgia (have had since 2005) and take Zoloft and Klonopin. I've been plucking I think since my 20's and I don't remember what triggered it actually but since my early 20's I've ...
Read more : New here.... | Views : 372 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Trichotillomania Forum

What type of jobs do you do?

(I'm full of questions today, LOL)

What type of jobs can you, as a person with Aspergers, do?

I am in college and started out wanting to do film. I changed my mind because I didn't think I had the personality, so then I wanted to do psychology. Then I figured it is too hard to do that, and I'm not willing to put in the time, so I changed to Child social worker, and ...
Read more : What type of jobs do you do? | Views : 174 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Asperger's Syndrome Forum

What do you do when people are trying to make eye-contact?

I had a meeting with my teacher who stares at me all the time (mentioned him in a previous post...) and of course, he stared at me. He seemed to be trying to make eye-contact the whole time and I tried it for a few moments but had to look away. I looked outside down the busy city road and tried to seem interested in what he had to say. Any time he would make ...

I'm confused about myself

Hello. I joined your forum today so that I could chat with people who have a similar experience to me. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 5, after getting in fights with kids and teachers alike, and was transferred a therapeutic school. I was there for most of 1st and 2nd grade. When I was 7, my dad was in the hospital after 9 months of a cycle of going to the hospital, ...
Read more : I'm confused about myself | Views : 279 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

what medications work best for bipolar

i can say that seroquel and zyprexa were the worst drugs ive ever taken. im bipolar and have ocd. i also took lexapro, effexor and wellbutrin. im thinking of telling my shrink to get me on lamicatal for bipolar and luvox (fluvoxamine). what do you think? what are your experiences?
Read more : what medications work best for bipolar | Views : 1235 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Bipolar Disorder Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1850101 • Total topics 157727 • Total members 166308