Our partner

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:30 am

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

When is it time to abandon the sinking ship?

My husband is being diagnosed with BPD he is in major denial, I don't know whats been going on but for the past 3 weeks he has been on spending binges that has finally come to a head by him buying a motorcycle. My husband has put us in financial trouble horribly in 08' by going out one day and getting a credit card for 3 thousand dollar and buying camping equipment he then abandoned ...

How do you help a partner with AvPD?

Hello, everyone. :-)

If I make any mistakes, I appologize. I haven't slept all night because I've been thinking to much to be able to doze off, started doing some research on the internet, and found this forum. I was hoping that those of you that have AvPD might be able to give me some pointers because I'm... very out of my depth... and don't know how ...
Read more : How do you help a partner with AvPD? | Views : 1503 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

Returning to Education after 1.5 years off due to anxiety.

I was diagnosed with GAD this time last year but have been off work/education for 1.5 years. Last April I started getting panicked and mild agoraphobia. I wouldn't accept the anxiety diagnosis my doctor was trying to give me. I attempted to return to work in October and only lasted 2 weeks. I started getting very bad headaches and stomach upsets due to being anxious. I was also very tired and very dizzy. I finally ...

pure-ocd,anxiety,panic..what else ?

im 19 yrs old..and in the junior year of college.i've been taking fluoxetine(Prozac) since freshman year since i had a major panic attack after i saw a girl having a grand mal seizure.i was afraid and extremely scared for d whole week after that incident and when made to go to college i came back from thr cuz i ws feeling really uneasy.i had seen someone having a seizure for the first time and ws ...
Read more : pure-ocd,anxiety,panic..what else ? | Views : 631 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum

Re: Seen any good movies lately?

Ive seen an ad for that District 9 movie on phone-boxes here, but just thought that it was some sort of gang posting things around the place at first! It was good on a phone box though, because it just seemed to be saying that the phone is only for humans... ....If Im making no sense, then look at the ad and imagine what you'd think if you saw it on a phone booth!

Read more : Re: Seen any good movies lately? | Views : 2582 | Replies : 272 | Forum : Just For Fun

Do I Have BPD? Someone help me please

I am an 18 year old I just started college and I have noticed a recurring pattern that I thought was Bipolar Disorder...Ill just make a list

HUGE dissatisfaction with my personal appearance
tendency for dependency: anytime I can get my hands on any drug (prescription mostly) as long as its a "downer" I go for it
Confusion: I used to tell myself that my homosexuality was a phase and everyone questions theirs. But I ...
Read more : Do I Have BPD? Someone help me please | Views : 247 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Books on Changing my Controlling Personality?

The short question is, are there any good books around for someone that wants to rehabilitate, or grow away from a controlling personality?

I think I meet the criteria for having a controlling personality. I went through a hard relationship in my early 20's where I was cheated on once by a girl I loved who said I wasn't educated enough. After leaving that relationship I started to become a perfectionist. So much so I ...
Read more : Books on Changing my Controlling Personality? | Views : 5098 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Self Help Books

Seeing very real images whilst trying to sleep.

Hi, for whoever is interested.

My name is jerry and I moved from my home in spain to england at the age of 16, with a friend. I managed to pursuade my parents to let me go on my own in order to study what I thought was my passion, and maybe still is, music.

Long story short, i was already a pot smoker when i left but once i lived on my own i ...
Read more : Seeing very real images whilst trying to sleep. | Views : 752 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Delusional Disorder Forum

Ringing Cedars of Russia, Vladimir Megre, Anastasia

Hey,
has anybody read books written by Vladimir megre, from book set Ringing Cedars of Russia, about Anastasia?
And what do you think of them, their message, has it changed your thinking a little bit, do you dislike them, which have you read...?

Feel free to discuss and have fun!
Read more : Ringing Cedars of Russia, Vladimir Megre, Anastasia | Views : 367 | Replies : 14 | Forum : Just For Fun

anyone there?

is anyone there?
Read more : anyone there? | Views : 40 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1488744 • Total topics 128046 • Total members 131637