Our partner

It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 1:00 am

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

What do the colours of the members names stand for?

What do the different colours of the members names stand for? The latest one I´ve noticed is some light blue.

Thanks in advance and apologies if posted in the wrong section,

Camelidae
Read more : What do the colours of the members names stand for? | Views : 480 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Member's Corner

Ferrari vs Toyota

Just a general thought, and not sure it is one that belongs in this forum (or any other), though it reminded me of some of the relationship conflicts brought up in this forum.

In the book "Emotional Vampires: Dealing With People Who Drain You Dry" by Albert Bernstein, the author uses an analogy involving Ferrari's and Toyota's. Ferrari's are fast, exciting, dangerous, and not very reliable. Toyota's are the exact opposite, slow, boring, but safe ...
Read more : Ferrari vs Toyota | Views : 1866 | Replies : 57 | Forum : Histrionic Personality Disorder Forum

Is this Trich?

When I was younger I used to pick my hair, but not to the point that it was bald. I would roll the ends up till I get a nice sized ball of the hair then pull it out. I didn't have a ritual for it, when it felt right I pulled it out. There would always be balled up pulled hair scattered on the floor by my bed(I would normally pull it before I ...
Read more : Is this Trich? | Views : 400 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Trichotillomania Forum

HA

Know what youre up to but I dont care. Leaving anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read more : HA | Views : 232 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Venting Forum

Do I have anxiety

Obviously I do not expect an actual diagnosis but perhaps someone could tell me if you've experienced similar symptoms. I have had off and on breathing trouble for years. It does not get worse with exertion and I do not have asthma. Xrays are all fine and no other obvious causes exist other than gerd but I take medication for that. Anyways, its not as if I cant get enough air. Oxygen saturation is fine ...
Read more : Do I have anxiety | Views : 2551 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

Do I have anxiety

Obviously I do not expect an actual diagnosis but perhaps someone could tell me if you've experienced similar symptoms. I have had off and on breathing trouble for years. It does not get worse with exertion and I do not have asthma. Xrays are all fine and no other obvious causes exist other than gerd but I take medication for that. Anyways, its not as if I cant get enough air. Oxygen saturation is fine ...
Read more : Do I have anxiety | Views : 249 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum

New here... Question about organizing system info

Hi,

I'm new here. We've been reading a few posts the last week, and decided this would be a good place to join. Not really good at introductions.

I have DID. We've been working with our therapist for about 6 years now, she's great. I've known about some of my parts for quite some time, but never knew I wasn't like everyone else. I thought everyone was like me. It took me a few years ...

Social anxiety, but only when it comes to friends

I get really nervous around ppl i don't know, but only if they seem like ppl i would like to be friends with. I can usually handle talking to one person i don't know, but as soon as it's more than one, I totally freeze up and then end up leaving awkwardly and either giving them the impression that i'm really weird or that i don't like them.
To make it worse, i need friends, ...
Read more : Social anxiety, but only when it comes to friends | Views : 623 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Social Phobia Forum

New poster. Could use opinions on pedophilia or POCD

So, I'm a new poster and I have been troubled lately. I'm not here to waste anyone's time, so I'll try to keep it short as possible and won't continue to post over and over. Here's my story-

I'm a 27 year old male. I have a girlfriend and a 2 year old daughter. I fear I'm a pedophile. Sorry if I offend anyone on here, but I used to have a disdain for pedophiles(at ...
Read more : New poster. Could use opinions on pedophilia or POCD | Views : 3084 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Paraphilias Forum

Parenting toddlers (2-3 year olds) when depressed

Thank you for your interest in this post. I am very interested in hearing others' perspectives about parenting toddlers when they are experiencing depression. To that end, I would appreciate it if you would participate in a survey (The Family Dynamics Survey), which is posted on the "Surveys and Studies" Forum. If you are interested, please either look for posts by me (GradDad) or a post titled, "Experiencing parenting stress with your toddler?: Please share ...

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1930362 • Total topics 163570 • Total members 174751