Our partner

It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:00 pm

News News of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Site map of Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum. » Forum : Psychforums : Psychology and Mental Health forum.

Psychology and Mental Health forum.

BDD / my jawline

I never considered the possibility that I might have BDD until I read a lot of posts on this forum and found myself relating to much of what you all said.

Everyone with BDD has some kind of fixation, it seems. Mine is with my jawline. There are other other imperfections about my face - I have a bump in my nose and a few red splotches on my cheeks for example. Those don't bother ...
Read more : BDD / my jawline | Views : 20065 | Replies : 36 | Forum : Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

about MY experience of feeling ugly

HI everyone--this is my first post. In it I will explain MY experience and will maybe ask some questions also:

OK, I have joined this forum not because I think I have 'body dysmorphic disorder' but because there is really no where else I could choose to talk with people who at least can identify with the horrendous isolation of feeling ugly, and this draining all confidence and destroying any chance of really living a ...
Read more : about MY experience of feeling ugly | Views : 1575 | Replies : 17 | Forum : Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

Hi

Read more : Hi | Views : 127 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

I'm having a particularly bad day.....

Just wanted to share this to get it off my chest really.....

I've only got to go to the shop to buy my friend a birthday card, then take it round to her and I can't stop crying this morning because I'm terrified by the thought of going out.
Then I have a phone call to make and I have to take some rubbish to the local dump.
Why is it so hard?
x
Read more : I'm having a particularly bad day..... | Views : 177 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Agoraphobia Forum

Life in a Nutshell

Edited.
Read more : Life in a Nutshell | Views : 141 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

I'm the most neurotic person I know

I don’t even know where to begin. Today I hung out at a friends house to watch a movie. I couldn’t follow the movie at all. All I could think about was the same stuff over and over again. All I could think about were the things that I THINK are wrong with me. Things like.. why I don’t make eye contact with people, why, when I read and listen to people talk, I can ...
Read more : I'm the most neurotic person I know | Views : 516 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Living With Mental Illness Forum

Justification.

Normal people do bad things. They are able to do these bad things because they justify it, which alleviates their conscience, usually through rationalization of some sort.

Do anti-socials require this same justification process before they do something "Wrong"? From what i've read about serial killers, every single one of them had some sort of justification that allowed them to be completely rid of their conscience. Is that how they do it? Fool themselves into ...
Read more : Justification. | Views : 418 | Replies : 25 | Forum : Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

Once a cheater, always a cheater?

I have been in a 3-year relationship with my boyfriend. We are generally a happy couple-- we have fights, but are always able to work it out through communication. But recently, something happened that has really put our relationship in strain.

Last May, I went out-of-the-country for a three-month vacation. He wanted to come with me, but he couldn't leave work so I went alone. For the whole three months, I thought everything was okay ...
Read more : Once a cheater, always a cheater? | Views : 581 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Relationship Forum

Anyone have any experience with Epival?

Was given Epival 250mg 2x a day and am worries about the hair loss side effect. Cause thats just what i need to make me happy again :? .

Also on 200mg seroquel
and 20mg cipralex
Read more : Anyone have any experience with Epival? | Views : 422 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Bipolar Disorder Forum

letters from the closet

letters from the closet

letters from the closet ,are not what they seem
just bits of hope found in between
thoughts from a world
so far away
thoughts of a place
where happy kids play
the closet is dark
the closet is hot
this dirty closet .
its all that iv'e got
why am i trapped here?
what does it mean?
how can my body ever be clean?
i remember the sun
i remember the ...
Read more : letters from the closet | Views : 92 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Poetry Corner

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 1593346 • Total topics 136890 • Total members 142066