Our partner

Freaked out by bizarre, ex-con maintenance man (long)

Open Discussions About Stalking and Harassment.

Re: Freaked out by bizarre, ex-con maintenance man (long)

Postby *C* » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:19 pm

In addition to Yelp...which btw as an employee, the creep is prohibited from reviewing his employer as it falls under "conflict of interest" but of course violating the site's terms is nothing when you've done much more serious things like commit felonies and sexually harass at work...he also posted a rating on Facebook, giving it 1* and using his real identity with his photo in his profile picture, just as he did on Yelp. He has kept his 5* rating under his pervert persona there as well, although he has since deleted the sleazy pictures. So he has two ratings for the same place/page under two different ids...normal thing would be to delete the rating under his pervert persona, but it's well established from long ago he's anything but normal.

We figure, which my confidant agrees with and confirms, that the creep is doing this (posting a review which bashes the manager and claiming hostile work environment) because he is worried about possibly being fired and if that happens, laying the groundwork to sue. Big problem though, is his rating this place 5* under his fake persona...obviously anyone (especially a lawyer) can easily point out the workplace was fine otherwise why bother posting a rating and giving it 5* in the first place? If things were truly as bad as the creep is *now* claiming, then either he would've given the condo a bad/mediocre rating...or just not bother rating the place at all. Yet he gave it 5* and STILL has it up there. I swear this weirdo has sh!t for brains.

Also working against him is the timing of his claims. He's apparently been here for 5 years...yet conveniently only right *after* I complain to the manager and expose him/his behavior online, does he now claim the manager is horrible and a hostile work environment. If it was bad enough to publicly bash the manager on highly popular social networking sites, then why not have done so before? It is so glaringly obvious he is making bogus claims like the liar he is in a bid to preemptively protect himself from getting fired or to sue if that happens. If it was truly legit, then instead of airing his grievance online *first*, he would have/should have it dealt with "in-house" and if that fails to settle the matter, then perhaps take it online.

So legally, since/if he hasn't brought it to the attention of his superior/s first to give them a chance/s, this damages his claims and credibility. And shows that an employee who acts this unprofessionally online, is most likely unprofessional at work.

Good luck though, in the event he is fired and wants to litigate, in getting a lawyer pro bono. I'm sure he doesn't have the funds to pay for his own legal counsel as he didn't in the past when he had a public defender and if he does have some money saved, doubt he'd want to spend it all on attorney's fees and incur debts...even if he is able to get some desperate bottom-feeder to take his case gratis, his own online antics severely tarnish his case. And by trashing the manager and by extension, the Association, he's made an enemy out of them and burned his bridges. Doubt the manager/association will be pleased with their employee publicly bashing them, and making a blatant threat by bringing up the matter of and accusing them of hostile work environment.

The creep would also be faced having to answer in court uncomfortable questions which he cannot come up with a valid answer for, like why did he post on the AOAO page using such an inappropriate, sexually-charged identity? He was obviously advertising himself and hoping to find a resident who'd hook up with him, ugh. Clearly, he still has the bad judgement and poor impulse control which landed him in prison many years ago...given his actions and behaviors, this man of now 40 acts more like an obnoxious, impulsive, judgement-impaired, sexually-obsessed 14 year old punk instead...just pathetic and grow the hell up instead of acting and pretending to be a (barely out of his) teenager! Which in itself is disturbing given he looks in his 50's/60's and is trying to pass as a high schooler/college age kid!

If the creep spent some of his time and energy on improving/upgrading himself as he did/does in trying to (inappropriately) get sex, then he might be more successful with (attractive) women and wouldn't be so weird and sexually obsessed/frustrated. But he's a hopeless case of "once a loser, always a loser!"

Anyhow, the manager sure will feel like and certainly looks a colossal fool having hired and defended this sexually harassing lying convicted felon, only to have this creep publicly bash him in return...couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow and maybe he'll be more careful and picky in the future about not hiring someone who has already demonstrated a disregard and disrespect of social/legal norms and rules!
*C*
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby *C* » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:39 am

Just found out from another resident that the creep is no longer working here! :D Obviously he was dismissed because of his outrageously insubordinate, mutinous review trashing the manager and threatening a bogus hostile work environment claim. The timing is too close for it to be a coincidence, and the review is gone. Most likely the manager/association contacted Yelp and got them to pull it; as I mentioned previously, it's against the site's policy for any employee, current or former, to review their employer. When I saw that review, I figured the creep's days were numbered.

Wouldn't put it past that loon to try to go after the condo for hostile work environment but he'd be an idiot (which he is) to do so...aside from his unprofessional online shenanigans torpedoing any chance of success, to qualify for such a claim, the employer has to have been abusive about a "protected category/class" like race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age. An employer being a big jerk in and of itself is not grounds for hostile work environment claim. Or against the law for that matter.

Also, generally unless other workers are affected as a group, just a lone person making that claim doesn't meet the standard of the environment being hostile. And an attorney would question all the other staff members to find out if they ever experienced this, and if the creep at any time ever said anything to them about it. If it's no to both, that further damages him. And as I stated before, if the creep never went through the proper protocol by first talking to the manager, then going to the Association so they know there's a problem and are given a chance to resolve it, that's yet another black hole in his case.

Anyhow, I'm so glad he's gone and I/we don't have to be inconvenienced and under stress trying to avoid him anymore! But being such a weirdo with a strong vengeful streak, just hope he doesn't come back and commit workplace violence like those disgruntled fired employees in the news!
*C*
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby fawning » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Although I sympathize with your past situation and am happy that he is no longer working there, the way you're acting is extremely transphobic. If the maintenance man is the one who has been harassing you and bothering you, there's no need to call his wife slurs and comment on her appearance. Whether or not she passes is not your business, if she identifies as female then that is what she is. She is not a "man in drag" and implying that she's "not a genuine woman" is very ignorant and you should really educate yourself before you speak about a group of people who happen to have a 41% chance of committing suicide. Seeing as this is on a mental health form, I would think people would be more understanding. But I supposed not. I hope no transgender women or men have the misfortune of coming across this.
fawning
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby *C* » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:29 am

I apologize for my comments; it was a part of my venting and lashing out due to feeling helpless and enraged and frustrated about this creep's unwanted attention. Since I absolutely could not stand this guy, everything about and associated with him was abhorrent and contemptible to me. I still consider him a loathsome piece of work, even more than I thought I possibly could but with very good reason.

The creep is incarcerated--again. I recently saw him on the National Sex Offender Registry. According to the info, he was convicted on 3 counts of sexual assault in autumn of 2015. 2 counts were for 3rd degree sexual assault--sexual penetration by compulsion (e.g. force or threats of force, injury, or kidnapping), AND sexual contact with a child (under) age 14/15 or a person incapacitated/mentally incapable of consent; and 4th degree sexual assault--sexual contact without consent, exposing himself, or trespassing to peep.

Can't say I was totally surprised, it was obvious he could barely hold his extreme sexual desperation and hunger at bay. Obviously, he couldn't control himself any longer.

What makes all this especially horrifying is he was arrested and booked in the winter of 2014 which means he was working here for at least SEVEN MORE MONTHS after raping someone. That freaks me out, I may well have been his victim instead of or in addition to the unfortunate person he raped! Or else I would've had to injure or kill in order to defend myself! Either way, it would've been a horrid situation! Just glad nothing happened to me but still mad for what I went through since he shouldn't even had been hired!

We don't know if we're going to inform the manager, that is, if he doesn't already know, but whether we do or don't, can't help but to think "we told you so." We knew from the start this guy was a sicko, that there was something very wrong and "off" about him!!
*C*
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Previous

Return to Stalking and Harassment