Our partner

Pain and random swelling in forearms

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Pain and random swelling in forearms

Postby Sarandipity » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:13 pm

I googled it and it said "tendonitis" which is due to over exertion but I haven't done anything physical and had been laying down for about 3 hours.

I think it could be stress. Usually with stress my brain checks out but I was recently in hospital so my over riding drive will be preserve the brain avoid hospital so I think maybe it's stress taking physical form.

For the last three days we have been through alot of stressful situations. Calling and emails from work, seeking advice from independent angencies, going to 3 job interviews, edited CV, applying for other jobs, dealing with care coordinators in meetings, went on a couple of hours course about conflict at work, took our son to a hospital appointment. Met with the bf a couple of times. Delt with daily life - chores, school runs, helping with homework.

I can't because all that in 3 days but that is what we've done.

I googled the symptoms and it said massage is good for tendonitis so I massaged the swollen muscles on both arms (taking turns between each arm) and the swelling started to go down. I thought best to lay down in bed so I did and my arms started to burn up feeling really hot and when I got up the swelling and pain had completely gone.

I do think it's body stress instead of loosing cognitive brain function but I guess I need some kind of reassurance that other people have had this kind of thing happen.

At first there was a sharp pain shooting in my lower forearms (both arms) and when I looked it was very swollen. I touched it and it was rock solid. Now it's gone down and the pain has gone but it feels like I've been lifting weights for hours - mild ache but soft again. I get bad pain in my feet in the mornings often and as I had this pain I started to get a pain in my right here too which could be walking but I had been laying down for a couple of hours, the pain didn't spread to the rest of my feet though.

I was going to add this to the post about Paul but I can't really blame Paul for this even though it's been Paul present for the last three days. He thinks it's just stress tension and the massage helped it to go away. I think the only reason he's letting me type this out is because I keep going on and on about. He's actually typing because what I wanted to say was alot more involved but basically it is just I kind of need some reassurance that other people have had similar things and maybe any other ideas that'd cause it. The last three days have been really triggering situations, for other parts they would be triggering and stress - typing this is making alot of shoulder pain which Paul says is because I'm giving energy to my idea that the pain was a triggered response to the last few days for other reasons than just bulk standard stress so maybe he's right but maybe he isn't. Any way thanks for reading.
Main IW:
Obsidian
Beth KarenPatrickPeterRose
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Pain and random swelling in forearms

Postby Amythyst » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Hey Sarandipity,

It could be stress, but if you are able, maybe get it checked by a doctor? Just incase, its best to make sure there's nothing like physical or whatever?

We hope whatever it is, you're feeling better soon.

Viola
Arin(22f); Charlie(6m); Claire(0f); Ewan(4m); Guardian(28m); Janet(4f); L(∞f); Melissa(7f); Mike(35m); Nyssa(10f); Rebecca(∞f); Tegan(5f); Trina(25f); Viola(17f); V1(22f); V2(16f); Waste(?); et al.
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby MakersDozn » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi Sarandipity,

(insert standard medical disclaimer here)

We have a long history of tendinitis in both wrists. It was more of an issue when we first started at our job 30+ years ago and had to do a lot of typing on a regular basis. It's not so bad now, fortunately.

We've had to use over-the-counter adjustable wrist braces when the tendinitis flares up, and it usually gets better after a few days. But definitely consult your doctor if it's a problem for you.

Mary and others
Multiple. Self-dxed 1996. Body 57f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 females, five males; 17 littles (7+under), nine middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), five bigs (18+older), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity (25), Mary (23), Laura (17.5), Allegra (17), Cass (17)
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:33 pm

Postby Sarandipity » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Amythyst wrote:Hey Sarandipity,

It could be stress, but if you are able, maybe get it checked by a doctor? Just incase, its best to make sure there's nothing like physical or whatever?

We hope whatever it is, you're feeling better soon.

Viola

Thank you. Thinking of asking someone tomorrow about it. It has gone now but it could come back I guess. Thanks again.
Main IW:
Obsidian
No-one Paul and Lilly
Terra Magicka: The Twins (Batcho and Fortune)Sue the secutary. Jane, a general memory bank.
(Silent Lake : The Overlord/Mr BrightsideThe Whisperers (whisper whats outside), The Lightbringers (shine on parts to front), Martin and Janet (children with tails and wings)).
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Sarandipity » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:36 pm

MakersDozn wrote:Hi Sarandipity,

(insert standard medical disclaimer here)

We have a long history of tendinitis in both wrists. It was more of an issue when we first started at our job 30+ years ago and had to do a lot of typing on a regular basis. It's not so bad now, fortunately.

We've had to use over-the-counter adjustable wrist braces when the tendinitis flares up, and it usually gets better after a few days. But definitely consult your doctor if it's a problem for you.

Mary and others

Hi Mary and others,

Thanks for reply. That's made me more worried in a more "crazy" way. Yesterday Paul was making dinner and said something about stock markets and was thinking about going online last night. Which is something more, I'm trying to use kind words, antisocial parts like to annoy me with. They like to say they have money and stocks and shares and go online when I'm "asleep" and also say they do online activism stuff. He was thinking about crashing the stock markets - he had a reason of why but I can't remember what it was now. This morning he checked the markets and they were all down and he laughed. It said last minute selling off of shares, which is what he was thinking about.

I was awake very late last night for one reason or another and there wouldn't have been many hours to be online while I was asleep. Also I don't know what time the markets are, I looked it up once before because of this but I can't remember now and I'm pretty sure the news report he read was from hours when I was awake.

So when you say typing and I've had this today it worries me from that side. Which I know is dumb because I know they say this stuff to annoy me and I'm not going to get into when the markets are etc again to try to monitor myself in some way but it does kind of worry me - sort of, sort of not because I know Paul and the twins like to cause upset internally when they're bored and him thinking about market crashes is an easy coincidence in the current financial climate. But it is an odd thing to get without exercise that'd cause that and other than typing a bit on a phone there's been no typing. So I'm thinking stress.

Also I should probably research more if it is tendonitis or if it is some other kind of tendon or muscle or ligament problem which is going to be an issue in it's self because it's gone now and if it does flare up randomly it's going to be difficult to get a doctors appointment for exactly when it does flare up but I guess explaining to a doctor could help in it's self if it does happen again.

Thank you for responding
Main IW:
Obsidian
No-one Paul and Lilly
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MeMyselfMaureen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:36 am

Ask your doctor for a clot test.

You heard of DVT?

Well smaller clots (NOT big enough to cause dvt or stroke) can get stuck in the smaller veins in a simmilar way. they cause swelling (due to fluid buildup) rigidity of muscle and burning (due to lactic acid build up) they only tend to get stuck if you are inactive for long periods and are eventually shifted after moving or massaging the area for a while. As long as you keep the clots moving (masage etc every time you get a cramp/tendonitus type pain) they cant grow. If you are prone to them (and I am they keep getting stuck in my pectorials and left thigh) then it is possible that later in life they could become a problem especially if you are a smoker (because it narrows your blood vessels) they are easy to keep track of a simple blood test can detect how many you have based on chemical signature (its the same test they use for DVT) If you have too many then warfrin or asprin at the right dose will prevent them becoming a threat. Only the doctor can tell you what dose is right for you as it depends onn how many clots you have.

The clots by the way are formed in childhood. Most folk when they suffer major bruising (like broken bones type bruising) naturally absorb all that blood back into the system and poo it away but for some people genetics means that that process is inefficient and the last of the blood clots before the body ha a chance to absorb it. While we are active youngsters the clots wizz round and nothing happens but as life becomes more sedentry and our reating pulls drops they have can get stuck.

The upside is as long as you dont go breaking a bone or getting battered or have major surgary the chance of you developing more is almost none existant.

And before you worry about them getting stuck in your sleep trust me when that happens the pain IS enough to wake you.

Grace
Grace (host) Mo (protector) Peter (child) Elspeth (child) Midnight (unkown) Shadow (fragment, grief holder, toddler)
MeMyselfMaureen
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Sarandipity » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:49 am

Thanks Grace,

That makes really good sense. I've been in active for a couple of months and massage got rid of the swelling. So that makes brilliant sense. Made me feel alot better.

Will ask the doctor about it.

Thanks again :)
Main IW:
Obsidian
No-one Paul and Lilly
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post