Our partner

Over 30 And Still Masturbate Every Day.

Sexual Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Snaga

Over 30 And Still Masturbate Every Day.

Postby Mr. Goldstein » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:03 pm

I’m over 30 and still masturbate more than once per day. Not sure if this is a compulsion, addiction or just a habit that I could break at any time. My frequency usually looks something like this.

Saturday- 2-5 times depending on whether I have the place to myself or not.
Sunday- 2-3 times depending on whether the opportunity presents itself.
Monday- 3 times
Tuesday- 3 Times
Wednesday- 2-4 times
Thursday- 2-4 times
Friday- 3-5 times

It seems like ages ago that I used to only do this once every couple of days, then it increased to once per day and then twice on certain days, two times actually used to always be the max and now it’s usually the minimum. I haven't abstained completely since 2009.

The only times I cut back are in instances of performance issues during the initial session or due to a serious lack of “opportunity.”
I can wait and “bide my time” as it were without issue but it’s usually a given that I’ll masturbate at least to the minimum for that particular day. There's no impact on me getting anything else done but I sort of figured that I'd outgrow this and either embrace celibacy or get married at this point in my life.
Mr. Goldstein
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:53 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Over 30 And Still Masturbate Every Day.

Postby karlutley » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:38 am

I’m over 45 and still masturbate weekly. For me, it is not a compulsive behavior as defined because my body and soul reap a reward from masturbating. Mr. Goldstein, please note that my masturbation enjoyment does not replace my desire for intimacy. I love the feeling of a woman's body, her touch, her warm embrace. I, even before puberty, had a fondness for my penis and I started masturbating at 12 years old, and shared my love and body at 15 with a beautiful person. I believe that everyone should explore their body and how it feels and what you enjoy. Your body is the best teacher to help you understand what you enjoy and gives you satisfaction. The knowledge you learn from feeling and touching from your own body will hopefully give you the knowledge to allow your body, soul and mind the pleasure from another and you to them
So, I am 100 percent with masturbation and I want you to enjoy your body, take care of your body.

I think your frequency is awesome. Though I am not sure if its purely for your self satisfaction of the end result and the pleasure it brings from the climax from masturbating but please, understand, there is a huge difference in jacking off and masturbating. Love yourself, but do not allow your enjoyment of your body to stop you from the enjoyment your body can provide another.
Allow yourself to allow the pleasure you enjoy to be shared and I hope you will provide and receive the enjoyment of another.

e have I af My frequency usually looks something likre this.
Saturday- 2-5 times depending on whether I have the place to myself or not.
Sunday- 2-3 times depending on whether the opportunity presents itself.
Monday- 3 times
Tuesday- 3 Times
Wednesday- 2-4 times
Thursday- 2-4 times
Friday- 3-5 times

It seems like ages ago that I used to only do this once every couple of days, then it increased to once per day and then twice on certain days, two times actually used to always be the max and now it’s usually the minimum. I haven't abstained completely since 2009.

The only times I cut back are in instances of performance issues during the initial session or due to a serious lack of “opportunity.”
I can wait and “bide my time” as it were without issue but it’s usually a given that I’ll masturbate at least to the minimum for that particular day. There's no impact on me getting anything else done but I sort of figured that I'd outgrow this and either embrace celibacy or get married at this point in my life.[/quote]
karlutley
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:53 pm

Postby karlutley » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:13 am

your response that you would outgrow, be celibate or get married, is an obviously a slap in my face for spending an hour attempting to help you with a situation.
you're welcome should have been your answer.
karlutley
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Mr. Goldstein » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:54 pm

I meant no offense or disrespect, but that remark was not a response it was a closing commentary on my original post about my own failed expectations, it was no way meant as a dig on anyone else. I appreciate any insight or help that can be provided.
Mr. Goldstein
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby txin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Masturbation never hurt anybody.
txin
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby zeraphine » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Does your masturbation ratio disturbs your life in any way? If not, and if your not having any problem, keep with it. I don't see why you should avoid it if it's something that amuses you.
"Don't cry for yesterday, it was meant to be this way" - Lauri Ylonen
zeraphine
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:53 pm

Postby MiaMew » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:05 am

Hello

I'm female and I masturbate every day, sometimes twice or three times a day. It has never prohibited me having a relationship or getting married. In fact I find it strange that my partner doesn't do it as well. At first they thought I was rejecting them by masturbating instead of having sex with them, but I explained that my masturbation felt different from sex, it also held no obligation, didn't take as long as sex and was generally done for the oxytocin release. As I also have an avid sex life with my partner, after explaining it all was ok.
So don't loose hope of a relationship and such just cause you enjoy some self-pleasure.
Take care and I hope that helped a little.
MiaMew
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby philamazkotaku » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:46 pm

I really want to agree with the comments that MiaMew and others have said about masturbation not being an inherently bad thing, and definitely not something that you should feel guilty about, especially if it is not negatively effecting your life.

However, I think if you came to the conclusion that you it is causing you a problem, and took the time to write on this forum, then maybe there is something in it that you should try to understand.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that the problem may not be masturbation (and to be honest I think that age doesn't necessarily play a role here), but rather the way masturbating every day makes you feel or makes you think about yourself.

Right now I am also trying to stop masturbating so often. Some weeks, I would say that I almost follow your pattern, but often, I masturbate even more. I really enjoy it, but thinking about sex and masturbating for a few hours a day really cuts into my time and distracts me from the things I want to do. I feel great doing it and thinking about it, but since, I really feel that masturbating so much is preventing me from having personally enriching experiences.

Now when I think about what I just wrote, I realize that its not really masturbation per se that is holding me back. But I use it as an excuse for why I am not going out and doing things that would be more intellectually or socially enriching, and more over, I use it as a replacement for those things.

I hope that this is a good example of what I mean. I guess the moral of the story is look for what you really want in life, reach as hard as you can for that, and the rest will fall into place.
philamazkotaku
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby frogs » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:41 am

It should be okay as long as you are able to excibit some self control over when and where is a good time. I do this pretty often, but my issue is that I will sometimes absolutely want to do this on a break at work, etc. you know stuff that I shouldn't be doing. If you can cut it down somewhat it might be better so that you can think about non-sexual things more often. But other than that it sounds okay.
frogs
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Mr. Goldstein » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:14 pm

The increased frequency over the last number of years of going from once in a while/a few times a week to several times a day is what’s most concerning to me. There also seems to be a compulsion that I “have” to do it at x frequency on certain days other wise I simply don’t feel as good as I could potentially feel had I done it that many times. I can adjust to less over time but in some cases it may take weeks before I become adjusted to feeling normal doing it fewer times.
Mr. Goldstein
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Next

Return to Sexual Addiction Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post