Our partner

headspace? ***trigger warning***

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

headspace? ***trigger warning***

Postby HGranger » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:16 pm

We are curious...
We made a diorama of where we live when not interacting in this world. It is a very concrete place and we all have our own special places as well as places to share.
The T called this headspace.
Do singlets have a headspace?

This is where I think I might trigger someone.....

I once owned a slave who spoke about his submissive headspace.

Until T called the inside world headspace I never thought of this?
Any ideas?
Color Me Confused
Last edited by Snaga on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: more TW added. no other edits
HGranger
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 7:03 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: headspace? ***trigger warning***

Postby Snaga » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:42 pm

Well aren't you turning out to be an interesting person....

HGranger wrote:I once owned a slave who spoke about his submissive headspace.

Keeping in mind we no longer have a BDSM subforum and it's not an appropriate main subject, I think we can hit it as a peripheral topic to what you're trying to figure out.

I have a feeling those are different uses for the word 'headspace'. It's always been my understanding that for many w/DID, the headspace is like an internal place where the alts can live, yes? Sometimes it's very detailed, yes? Like a physical space, but inside?

I have been in a submissive headspace and I don't think that is the same thing at all. That is... more of an emptying of one's own will, I think you could say. As if i were an empty vessel for the Dominant. Like a kind of submissive Zen.
Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 6:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby HGranger » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:05 pm

Thanks for not being upset about the post. We figured you would be the one to see this before it posted anyway.
The info makes sense, because it was a power exchange.
Just questioning a lot right now.
KC
I have searched for the phrase, "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger shall know no bounds," but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers- Ianto Jones

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming - Dory
HGranger
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 7:03 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ArbreMonde » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:06 am

In BDSM "headspace" means "state of mind". Also shortened into "subspace" and "Domspace" or any other "something-space" depending on the type of play. (petspace, pupspace, etc.)

In dissociative disorders, "headspace" means literally "the space existing in your head" (head meaning, mind). It is also called Innerworld among other things.

Sometimes different persons use the same words to mean different things. In psycho-analysis, "autism" is a kind of behavior intesecting between attachment disorders, trauma reactions, dissociation and withdrawal. While in clinical psychology, "autism" means a specific spectrum of atypical neurological specificities of genetic origins, often comorbid with dys- issues and other physical and mental health issues (EDS, mitochondrial diseases, depression, anxiety...) giving the bain an hyper sensitivity to the world, the emotions, lack of intuitive social skills, a preference for data analysis and sharing of informations, dissociative tendencies, hyper sensitivity to stress and trauma...

The same word, different meanings.
__
Daniel.
Autistic | ADHD | DID | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

System host/umbrella identity: Morwan

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 12:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post