Our partner

Dnester's Journey Thread

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Dnester's Journey Thread

Postby Dnester » Tue May 07, 2019 7:50 pm

Today was our external day because I was asking questions. Below are what I asked:

Why did I not start hearing this chatter until about 5 months ago and why dont I remember why I came to see you before (15 years ago) She said we can create parts at any time. So maybe I had a part that was for seeing her then. Thats why I dont remember.

Are my sexual impulses and homicidal thoughts alters. She said we could do some work looking inside to see if they are alters or introjects.

I asked her why is Thorne (which wants to be called Veronica and my Psychologist said I should respect that) not helpful. She said once upon a time she was.

I told her I didnt feel anything bad enough happened to me. She said it did or I wouldnt have dissociated.

Asked her why the chatter says random things like I am President of the U.S. She said I have alot of child alters and children say random things. Perhaps one has alot of self esteem and thinks they will be President.

Asked her about the chanting I hear. She said one of my alters just likes to chant.

We are going to do our internal day on Thursday and get to know the system better.
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Dnester's Journey Thread

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Tue May 07, 2019 10:08 pm

That's a great idea to make a record of what you asked and what she answered, so you can come back to look at it.

The only thing I wonder about is why she's making a distinction between alters and introjects. As far as I know (and there was a thread discussing this recently--I'll see if I can find it), an introject is also an alter--one who has taken on the characteristics of an outside person (either positive or negative), and feels to the system as if they are that person. They're not fundamentally different from any other alter, and I don't think they're treated any differently, but I would be interested to know what your T says about that.

Found it: dissociative-identity/topic207254.html?hilit=introject

But you can search for other mentions of "introject" and see what you find, if you're interested.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 9:23 am

Postby Dnester » Tue May 07, 2019 11:03 pm

She was saying an introject can be a negative statement an abuser said to you that plays over and over in your brain but unlike an alter you can tell it to go away. Idk
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Wed May 08, 2019 12:27 am

That's not how the term is used in the context of DID:

http://www.igdid.com/h145-what-are-introjects
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 9:23 am

Postby Dnester » Wed May 08, 2019 1:11 am

I will have to ask her to explain again. I half hear what my therapists say most of the time anyway. She did say something I found way out there. She said Micheal Jackson was SA and he had a alter that stepped in to handle the abuse and that is why he abused children because whenever he saw a child that alter came out and was like ok time to be sexual wtf.
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MakersDozn » Wed May 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi Dnester.

First of all, congratulations on the progress that you've made since you've started coming here.

We don't want to derail your thread, but we've always believed that Michael Jackson was multiple. Feminine self, childlike self, self with the appearance of another race, and of course, "the king." His history of prolonged in-family SA only adds to our belief, as does his "Neverland" fascination and his desire to spend time with (other) children.

Mind you, we're not excusing any inappropriate behavior toward children. But we can see why your T believes as she does, because we've always believed the same thing.

That being said, if there's anything that your T says that confuses or upsets you, it's your right to bring it up with her and tell her so.

MDs
Multiple. Self-dxed 1996. Body 57f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 females, five males; 17 littles (7+under), nine middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), five bigs (18+older), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

Frequent: Charity (25), Mary (23), Laura (17.5), Allegra (17), Cass (17)
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Postby Dnester » Wed May 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Thank you and I can totally understand why she thinks that but I have never heard of an alter being responsible for abusing someone.
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MakersDozn » Wed May 08, 2019 3:42 pm

Dnester wrote:Thank you and I can totally understand why she thinks that but I have never heard of an alter being responsible for abusing someone.

Fortunately, the vast majority of people who were abused don't abuse others. In any event, our guess is that your T was trying to point out that multiple systems in general have members who've stepped in to handle abuse. She was probably using Michael Jackson as an example because he was famous, but perhaps she could have mentioned someone less controversial instead. It's only our guess, since we don't know her.

MDs
Multiple. Self-dxed 1996. Body 57f, no host or original. System of 47: 42 females, five males; 17 littles (7+under), nine middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), five bigs (18+older), + a formless yin/yang duo. Oldest member is 25.

MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Dnester » Wed May 08, 2019 6:00 pm

I mean is that possible that only a part of you( an alter) could abuse?
Dnester
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MakersDozn » Wed May 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Good question.

Yes, a specific insider could do something harmful, but the entire system has to take responsibility. The outside world only recognizes "one body, one person." So if our Rachel yelled at our brother, for example, it wouldn't suffice for us to say, "Oh, Rachel did it; it's her fault." Our brother only sees "Bodyname," and it doesn't matter which of us yelled at him.

Does this explanation help?

MDs

MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post