Our partner

Coming out with dissociation

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Coming out with dissociation

Postby LittleMie » Tue May 07, 2019 9:07 am

We never used to talk about dissociation and certainly not about the insiders. However when things became too chaotic and we had a lot of uncontrolled switching it became impossible to pretend that all was normal. It was actually at this point we began to accept what was going on. We are less ashamed of ourselves. Whilst we still don't fully get what has gone on with us we are far more open about our state. This has been very helpful if we are spending lots of time with particular people. I don't state a diagnostic term but often describe what goes on. I also explain some of the precautions I take to avoid triggers. For example - I have a condition related to trauma that affects my personality. I need to do this because sometimes I will switch and it helps people to just go along with things.

Before I was too wary to spend too much time out of the house and certainly would not anticipate going away for a weekend etc. We now have a group of friends. Some of which also have difficulties but others who are just very decent people. It is a great think to have friends. Because we have always hidden we have not had real friends before. This is quite sad because we are now 54 (someone is whispering in my ear 'in earth years' lol). I used to think that talking about dissociation was a selfish thing, I now know that this feeling is experienced by one of my littles who feels shame about being different. When I talk about dissociation and DID specifically I still expect people to say 'you are making it up' but no one ever does. I think I kind of love us at the moment.
LittleMie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 5:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (16)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Coming out with dissociation

Postby BeccaBee » Tue May 07, 2019 10:35 am

awesome news littlemie! super courageous!!!
Female, 37
Dx: DID, C-PTSD, TES

We are the Bees

The Rabbit Hole
BeccaBee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 12:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby hbodhi » Tue May 07, 2019 2:04 pm

Thanks for sharing! Nice to see positive results when courage and bravery are put out there. It is a long way off for us but this does give us HOPE.
hbodhi
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 10:09 am

Postby AutumnJ » Sat May 11, 2019 2:21 pm

I have told two close friends and my mum that I have DID. All took the news really well, much better than I thought and better than some of my alters (Joker and Jester being two), sometimes it is mentioned, other times not. But what is important is that ALL, have accepted me for who I, we are.

It is a big step telling someone, and well done for being brave and doing so.

- Purple Haze
Purple Haze (Host) / Autumn J (Main Alter) /Joker & Jester (Twin Alters)
**~~~***~~~**
Non-Adults: Radish (3) / Lorcan (5) / Ború (17)

More Alter names will be added if it becomes necessary.
AutumnJ
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 5:09 pm

Postby Zor » Sat May 11, 2019 6:41 pm

I like totally brought up the idea of being more like "open" and stuff with Zor in our journal like the other day. Asking what he thinks about me spreading my wings a little, in a safe way- as safe as we can like make it anyway.

I have spent most of our life hiding and stuff, being scared ot be known, seen, etc... the last 10 years or whatever knowing Zor online, and making friends outside... and now everyone close to us knows and some of our online ppl know... I am thinking maybe it's time to stop hiding... and I can't live like just inside anymore. I KNOW the outside and have for a decade almost...

I can't do it so like lonely, secluded, or like scared and hidden like anymore. I wanna have more ME in our lives, too. I think it'd be good for me, for Zor, for all of us, to have that.

{\Pixie/}
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 11:09 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post