Our partner

Spontaneous integration

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: salted lipstick, Partial

Spontaneous integration

Postby bourbon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:35 pm

I wondered if someone could explain to me what spontaneous integration is, what it feels like, how it works etc..? Will I know when/if it happens? How is it different from having 2 seperate personalities?

Thanks,

Bourbon
Diagnosed DID in September 2011
Re-diagnosed DID February 2014

Our blog: http://crazyinthecoconut.co.uk/
bourbon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Spontaneous integration

Postby nickip212 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:11 pm

That happened to us I believe but I heard it doesn't last long that it is only temporary..which is why I came back to the forum because everyone was back. It was really weird its like I had everyone's thoughts and actions but they were my own during that time..I didn't like it.
I prefer the name Jinx

Diagnosis: Schizoaffective Disorder Bipolar type, OCD,Anxiety, SAD, ADD, possible DID
nickip212
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Mocarze » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:06 am

I don't have DID, rather my girlfriend does, so I can't give a firsthand account but I'll try my best to explain what I know x[

She said it was her "awakening", and it felt like she was waking up from a really long sleep. Memories were there, but they were almost as if they didn't happen. Memories rushed to her in surges, and she seemed to be running through a lot of things instinctively. I'm the biggest part of her life, and she could barely remember my face. She knew she had me in her life, my name, and had non-linear memories of our experiences. Facebook helped her a lot with retrieving memories.

There were gaps here there and everywhere, that probably would have been filled in if she had stayed fused for longer. She was really happy while she was fused, and she felt alive. She said something along the lines of, "I feel like I've woken up for the first time in 2 years, everything is real again. I went to sleep sad, but I woke up happy. I thought to myself, life isn't so bad now."

As I said though, it's probably a lot more than just that. That's all I know =]
Mocarze
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:06 am

Postby Una+ » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:13 pm

bourbon wrote:I wondered if someone could explain to me what spontaneous integration is, what it feels like, how it works etc..? Will I know when/if it happens? How is it different from having 2 seperate personalities?

Okay, first off this concerns integration meaning fusion. People experience integrations differently; integrations guided by a therapist tend to be very gentle and ritualized, heavy on abstract symbols of two (or more) becoming one. Spontaneous integrations mentioned in memoirs tend to be merely stated as, well, just happening, no details. In his memoir Robert Oxnam says two of his alters integrated with each other while he was elsewhere and he has no idea how it happened. I have wondered about those details!

*Trigger: sex*

Now here is my story, with perhaps Too Much Information. You have been warned. My first spontaneous integration, between me (Una) and Teen Girl, happened during some very hot sex with my husband. I was on top and approaching orgasm when suddenly I became aware that I had company. Teen Girl was there, co-conscious with me, fully sharing the experience with me, sharing our body. Our orgasm was incredible. It was hers and mine; my husband held himself back. Just remembering it now, I am again feeling on the verge of orgasm. I then had two more orgasms, almost as incredible, during which I was aware of other alters somehow "lurking" in my mind. I think they were co-present with me, paying attention and thinking their own private thoughts about what was happening.

*End trigger*

In the days and weeks afterward I noticed that Teen Girl was absent, that the last experience I had of her was during that first orgasm, and that I felt somehow different. Younger, lighter, sexier and more interested in sex, more feminine, more complete. I began searching for an explanation in the DID literature, and within minutes suspected the answer: during that orgasm, in the moment when we all typically feel that our boundaries have dissolved and for a moment two are one, Teen Girl and I literally became one. Nothing that I have read or experienced in the 6 months since then has changed the first answer.

It has taken me months to get comfortable with our being one. I felt some confusing intrapsychic conflicts over my clothing, personal grooming, and a number of other issues. I also mourned the "loss" of Teen Girl, even though she is (I am) right here, fully present. At the same time and even now I am rejoicing in my new life and still mourning my (Teen Girl's) 30 years of lost time.

*Trigger: sex*

More recently I had a spontaneous integration with Alter 1 and possibly also Alter 2. Again there was a huge orgasm. I felt an overwhelming, urgent need to masturbate, and suddenly they were co-conscious and there was a merging. It was all very fast and intense and although I knew and accepted what was happening I felt rather roughly treated and emotionally hurt. Why couldn't they have talked to me first? Since then there has been no more sense of Alter 1 in my head. I still feel Alter 1's emotions just as before but they are more immediate and they are in my body and they are mine, not in my head and someone else's. Now I am finding it much easier to know what the emotions are about, what thoughts and memories they relate to.
Last edited by canolime on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added trigger warnings
Dx DID older woman married w kids. Alter 0 Una, host integrated w 3, 1, 5. Alter 1 preverbal empath. Alter 2 older man. Alter 3 Teen Girl in stasis 30 years. Alter 4 scared little girl behind amnesia wall. Alter 5 girl in love. Others? Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Johnny-Jack » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Una, I appreciate so much the direct honesty and clear matter-of-fact explanation with which you relate these experiences. We all know how unusual and intimate so much is about DID. Consider how many people now and in the future, people on the board and lurkers, can relate to and benefit from parts or all of your particular story, even with its pre-warned Too Much Information. :lol: That was great.
John(ny) hosts, Sphinx ISH
Marc 46 noble, Aaron 44 logger
Jonathan 33 suit, Quato 19 rebel
Dan 15 jock, Faolán 14 detacher
Nigel 12 reads, Jack 11 hillbilly
Ty 10 Brit, Brody 9 AllAmer
Luke 8 farmboy, Chase 7 rich
Cole 7 wake early, Carter 6 softy
Greg 6 secrets, Inky 5 jumble
Johann, Hansel 4 twins, Max 3½ freeze
Little John 3 quiet, Ashár 2 wolfdog
Henry 2 lost, Edward 1½ knight
Zeb 1 baby, Adam 8m core
Johnny-Jack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:06 am
Blog: View Blog (21)

Postby bourbon » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. I think I will just have to wait and see if it comes along because at the moment I am baffled between all these subjective experiences. DID is so sensitive and so unique!

Bourbon
Diagnosed DID in September 2011
Re-diagnosed DID February 2014

Our blog: http://crazyinthecoconut.co.uk/
bourbon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby dividedtruth89 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:17 pm

thank you for sharing your experience una. Your honesty is such a breath of fresh air.
That's Wolfie(aka Timber) in my Avatar. The Roma jacket helps him feel safe. It helps me feel safe, too.
DX-Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression
blog: http://www.dividedsroom.wordpress.com
dividedtruth89
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:06 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post