Our partner

Supporting my partner!

An open discussion on trans gender.

Supporting my partner!

Postby Helpful_Goose » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:07 am

Good evening (or morning, depending when you read this)

This is my first post on this site. I am looking for some support, if possible, some help and some guidance.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 1.5 years now, and I love him. He is my everything. A few months ago he felt secure enough in our relationship to tell my how he has felt his gender is wrong for a few years now.

He has suffered from depression and BPD for a few years (this I knew) and recently has come to realise that this may stem from body issues. He has always disliked his body and the male form in general, and been jealous of females for as long as he can remember. He believes he may have Gender Identity issues. I love him and support him with this as I just want his happiness over everything.

Together we have been researching into gender issues, and the possibility of transgender. she has done some experimentation, with make up and pronouns etc and has an appointment with a local GP soon.

Really, the main point of this is I was wondering if anyone has gone through something similar? Have you supported someone through this process.

I want her to know I love and support her, and I will always be there, by her side through all of this! Any help and advice on how to help her transition, on what to expect etc would be greatly appreciated
Thanks for taking the time to read my problem :D
Helpful_Goose
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Supporting my partner!

Postby witchessabbath » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:00 am

I think you're already there tbh. One of my best friends is MTF and she dates women, so she's told me a lot about what issues she's faced in relationships. The thing that always comes up is that she just wants to be treated as any other girl. In one sense that goes without saying - if she decides she doesn't want to live as a man anymore don't treat her like a guy! But you seem to know that already so you're one step ahead of most people.

But I think it goes beyond that, I think it means not trying too hard to make her feel like a woman (lol that song) either. Like how weird would it be if someone tried to emphasize your womanhood to you?

I know that for her, the support she had from her gf early in transition really helped her out. She faced a lot of discrimination, especially when she still looked like a guy in drag. So having someone there who cared for her, and wanted her to be true to herself, and let her take things at her own pace, that in and of itself made all the difference and it was all she needed.
witchessabbath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:16 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Helpful_Goose » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:38 am

witchessabbath wrote: So having someone there who cared for her, and wanted her to be true to herself, and let her take things at her own pace, that in and of itself made all the difference and it was all she needed.

Thank you so much for replying! I'm glad to know that just being there and showing my love and support can be enough hopefully
Helpful_Goose
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:16 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby witchessabbath » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:36 am

I really think so. :) how is she doing?
witchessabbath
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:16 am