Our partner

Phobia of making out

Specific Phobias message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Phobia of making out

Postby kearl100 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:00 am

I'm 20 years old, and I have a serious fear of making out. Normal kissing doesn't bother me, sex doesnt either. I'm fine with physical touch in every other way-its just the making out that really gets me.
Basically, its the technicallity of french kissing that I'm terrified of. Sex, cuddleing, what have you...its all pretty straight forward (this is why I'm not worried about it). But making out seems to require a huge amount of skill, and I'm terrified of showing someone that I don't have this skill at my age.

This fear is really affecting my life, because I'm scared of any romantic interaction with guys, because it will inevidably lead to making out. I aviod going out on dates, parties, or any situation where someone might attack my face.

I Need Help!
Does anyone else have this problem? How would you begin to tackle something like this?
kearl100
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Phobia of making out

Postby jasmin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 am

Hi, kearl100! Did you say that you're scared that someone might attack your face, or was that just a figure of speech?
Have you ever had other fears or any intrusive thoughts?
You could try "exposing yourself" to this very slowly, with the help of an understanding boyfriend, if you find one. You could explain the situation and just start with kissing and let it progress very slowly, if you feel more comfortable with it.
Have you ever been sexually harassed or hurt somehow?
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:50 pm

Postby SMR » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:35 am

I don't know, I'd personally say sex requires more skill. But either way, don't stress it (easier said than done, yeah?). I mean, I've made out with some girls that weren't any good at it and still enjoyed it. If feelings are there, especially, then it's going to be a fun thing no matter what really.
SMR
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:50 pm

Postby SpeckledUnicorn » Mon May 09, 2011 10:29 pm

haha I have a fear of any sort of romantic interaction. xD ; I wouldn't call it a fear, more like an anxiety. I don't even like people flirting with me..

The idea of someone else's body part in mine freaks me out. That would include a tongue. So yes making out seems to me both gross and alluring. It's easier to think about if I depersonalize it and imagine two other people doing it,but it still kinda freaks me out.

XD; yeah I would try slowly exposing yourself to it. I'll probably have to end up doing that to get over my anxiety about it all.
SpeckledUnicorn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 am

Return to Specific Phobias

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post