Our partner

schizophrenia

Schizophrenia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Tyler

schizophrenia

Postby Francis5 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi, my name is Francis. I'm posting in this section, mostly because, I'm diagnosed with schizophrenia. Although I'm unsure if my current ailment would be a consequence of this. I also have crohns disease, just so its known that ive had physical pain long before encountering trauma.
I started out as a fairly normal person, with my only downside being the occasional IBS syndrome/ crohns disease. Over time, the stresses of life started to become like, contrived? [i cant think of the word]...
Like embellishing on all the faults in my life, and making them worse.
I'm not going into what happened, as the result was more stress, making life un-breathable. So, as a result, I started hearing and seeing things. Things that were not there. I also have trouble hearing and seeing what really is there. One hard thing for me, is when I have to contend with, what feels like, people speaking directly from the thoughts that I'm having at the immediate moment. I'm unable to think a thought without having it told back to me. So I have that thing where the world is inside my head. I already see a psychologist and therapist. Is there anything else that can be done? I wear headphones and/or blast music loud to cancel-out any b.s. around the house. It just sometimes feels like the weight of the world is on me, i don't know. What do other people do that can relate? How do you overcome trauma, and how do you cancel out the negative stuff? Also, does anyone have a good description of schizophrenia, because my symptoms were alot different from when I began my mental health sessions, to where I am now. My original, starting diagnosis was schizophrenia, but they didn't account for the three times I under went serious mental/life alterations, where my mental problems changed. My problems changed and escalated in my opinion, and I started to question if schizophrenia was even the right way to look at it, or what it even meant. Maybe that is the correct word for it, I'm not an expert or anything. Knowing would help me research into it better, or I could start looking at things in a different way, to maybe help myself, and even others.
Francis5
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: schizophrenia

Postby Francis5 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:18 am

I wrote this longass thing and it didnt save.

I compared having done LsD and magic mushrooms to schizophrenia, and how it helped me compare one situation to another. And how, knowing the broader context to the problem and not focusing on the individual symptoms helped [as focusing on the hallucinations are detrimental].

Once I gather my thoughts more, ill include more. It was mostly about addressing schizophrenia from a different angle, even thought theres more than one way of course; schizophrenia as a disorder/behavior not understood.
Francis5
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:24 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Schizophrenia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post