Our partner

2019 and still single and depressed

Open Discussions about Relationship Issues.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

2019 and still single and depressed

Postby Markness » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:50 pm

I already feel like 2019 is going to be a repeat of last year. I am still depressed that I don't have a girlfriend, I still haven't written any songs or stories, I still haven't drawn any comics or atleast even characters, I still don't have a college degree, I still don't have a career, and I still live with my mother. The year is going to end up with me still suffering and still stuck in a rut.

I hate that I was born into a culture that told me to avoid drinking, smoking, and inking up but those things are actually mandatory for socialization.

I hate that I was told to be a gentleman if I wanted a girlfriend but the girls I liked only wanted hyper aggressive monsters for boyfriends.

I hate that I was told God had a plan for me but I am now 30 and I am going nowhere in this life.

I hate that I have Aspergers and how it's deprived me of everything.
Markness
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 2019 and still single and depressed

Postby Dahliaa » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Markness wrote:I already feel like 2019 is going to be a repeat of last year.

Do not doom yourself beforehand. I think it is always better to be open-minded because we do not know.

Dahlia
Dahliaa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:38 am

Re: 2019 and still single and depressed

Postby Jerril » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:50 pm

Markness, how much does your Asperbergers limit what you can achieve?

There might be some programs for someone who has health limitations such as yourself. You might do well to seek help of some sort, some kind of guidance counseling which might help you to either A) find a direction and some goals which are achieveable, and/or B) accept your limitations and enjoy which aspects of life you are able to.

We often think we'll be happier if we go find some other situation, but then realize we're not... this happens often. For example, someone believes that their life isn't enough, so they get a higher paying job and a fancy apartment, are paying a lot of bills, but then realize they're just on a treadmill and they enjoyed their former life with more free time to enjoy.
Jerril
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:38 pm

Return to Relationship Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post