Our partner

Is this the best forum/subforum to discuss cPTSD?

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Is this the best forum/subforum to discuss cPTSD?

Postby ddreamer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:24 pm

Sorry if this is a silly question. Is this the best forum/subforum to discuss cPTSD? Especially in the context of complex trauma rather than PTSD itself. If this is not, which one is?

to put the question in the bigger perspective, i just discovered that all my mental difficulties that are very difficult to classify (ADHD, BP, BPD, atypical depression, dysthymia, adjustment disorder, PTSD, anger management, anxiety, social phobia, emotional overeating, addictive personality, ASD, etc) can be simply explained by the concept of complex trauma. I suspected that after reading a book by Pete Walker on cPTSD. but after listening to a series of lectures by TIM FLETCHER i realized he describes exactly me and my spouse in our troubled relationship.

in case anyone wants to listen to the whole series (a serious time commitment; i listen while commuting): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IxEwPMqB-c
ddreamer
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this the best forum/subforum to discuss cPTSD?

Postby ddreamer » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:32 pm

The silence is deafening, LOL. i got my answer, thank you. now need to find myself a better forum to discuss it.
ddreamer
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:47 pm

Postby Shape Shifter » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:19 am

I used to read on this forum for a while back in 2016 and 2018 as a couple of saved drafts tell me. I am diagnosed with C-PTSD alongside Schizoid Personality disorder in 2017. Back in 2016 I was considering C-PTSD diagnosis or Dissociative Disorder Not Otherwise Specified type 1b coz of observed secondary dissociative symptoms. I was following insights from The Theory of Structural Dissociation of the Self from Nijenhuis, van der Hart and Steele. Which puts both in the realm of secondary dissociation.

For some reason I felt most at home in the DD-NOS board and not this board. I felt this board was dealing too much with concrete trauma related problems where mine seemed more atmospheric and non verbal (dissociated?) for lack of a better word. The dominant dark state I was in that time had a dark blue affective color.

May be you should give the DD-NOS board a chance?
Shape Shifter
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:47 pm

Postby Terry E. » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:59 pm

Thanks for that, on several levels. Something to follow up. I think cPTSD is a grey area and there is still much to be learned.

When I say grey I mean layered. We can have effects we clearly know and others can clearly see and I think other effects that switch on and off and we are barely aware of them as they are so "normal to us"
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post