Our partner

Looking for help with nightmares

Nightmare Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Looking for help with nightmares

Postby FezMan » Fri May 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Hello, I am new to this forum and I was wondering if i could get a some advice to help me deal with my nightmares.

Background: I have had severe sleep problems that have affected me for the last 2-3 years, and nightmares are one of the most predominant issues. I have nightmares at least 3-5 times a week and have had them my whole life. However, they have started to increase in severity and have caused me to lose a significant amount of sleep.

Nightmares: I will not go into extreme detail when describing my dreams, but the content usually revolves around: me getting kidnapped, me getting tortured, not knowing the identities of those torturing me, and the inability to move.

I have tried not to think about this sort of thing in the past but I am now starting to understand the value of coping strategies and how talking to other people can be helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
FezMan
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Looking for help with nightmares

Postby Manners73 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:20 pm

Every aspect of your dream is you. You are the kidnappers. You don't know their identity because you are at odds with yourself.

In your waking life you are torturing yourself.

Your inability to move means you feel you are in a state of inertia. In other words you are resistant of change. Probably because you fear it.
England's Glory
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:05 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Nightmare Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post