Our partner

Struggling to shut my moutz

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: realityhere

Struggling to shut my moutz

Postby KingPingX » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:55 am

The title says it all. I am struggling to shut my mouth.

Example: somebody I know says sth. stupid/false, or behaves stupid/false (according to my "judgement").

I then feel the urgent need to let him/her know that he/she is stupid. Either through a statement or though my facial expression of disgust or showing that I am annoyed by it.

I just can't shut my mouth or hide my true face in such situations.

I do not gain anything from it. Often this even results in stress lr negative responses.

How can I learn to keep my mouth shut or even respond differently in such situations?
KingPingX
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Struggling to shut my moutz

Postby xdude » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:59 am

KingPingX wrote:I do not gain anything from it. Often this even results in stress lr negative responses.

I don't know any easy way other than to build a new habit. Maybe make this ^^^ the mantra (lacking a better word here) to say to self before saying anything ... 'what I am about to say is going to be a no win at best, or leave me worse off'

New habits are hard to form though, could be a lifelong work in progress.

FWIW, it took me a long time to curb the same habit, and still occasionally I can't help myself ;)
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Re: Struggling to shut my moutz

Postby ZeroZ » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:10 am

literally bite down on your lip until the urge passes.

Also I’ve been reading about forming behaviors it is possible to train behaviors into habits in the brain the day it takes an average of 2 months. Maybe people with a PD are like people with autism and it takes twice as long?
ZeroZ
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post