Our partner

Hipocrisy

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: realityhere

Hipocrisy

Postby GadSitar » Sat May 25, 2019 11:09 am

Not sure if this applies more to NPD or ASPD. But here goes nothing...

Ever since I was a child my father used to say I was a hypocrit, a trickster and more recently, an actor. It's probably true. I have been accused of being disingenuous by quite a few people in my life.

As far as I know I never express my true feelings on thibgs and always tend to process my emotions before "expressing" i. I don't think I go around trying to deliberately dupe people but at this point I assume it's something deeply entrenched in my personality.

If I was to guess, being in an abusive environment with abusive parents who were willing to use violence against you if you expressed yourself may have something to do with it. When I was 5 I refused to see a picture my father was trying to show me. So he pushed me to the ground, kicked me in the ass and called me a "son of a whore". From then on I understood that expressing your genuine personality or wishes could lead to severe consequences. I mean I dont comply with people's wishes in the schizoid slavish sense. I know when to say "no". However, regardless of what I decide to do I never let the person know what I'm thinking or planning which makes some people suspicious. At this point it's not out of fear of conflict but simply an engrained mechanism. I do get into conflicts with people, even readily actually...

How common is hypocrisy in NPD? Is it something most pwNPD have?
GadSitar
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hipocrisy

Postby AProphet » Sun May 26, 2019 1:08 am

GadSitar wrote:How common is hypocrisy in NPD? Is it something most pwNPD have?

Yes its very common. Loved and hated the girl simultaneously. And there was nothing wrong with that. Call me a hipocrite too.
AProphet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum