Our partner

Extreme plastic surgery

Narcissistic Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: mark1958, Echinacea, realityhere

Extreme plastic surgery

Postby Solowolfpack » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:09 pm

Do people who go to extremes with plastic surgery have NPD? You know the ones, huge injected lips that look ludicrous, fake boobs, fake ass implants, facelift till their eyes touch their forehead. Or is it a body dysmorphia or maybe something else? What drives people to such extremes that they actually look terrible? It has to be connected to a mental illness of some sort.
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Extreme plastic surgery

Postby Akuma » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:40 am

Solowolfpack wrote:Do people who go to extremes with plastic surgery have NPD? You know the ones, huge injected lips that look ludicrous, fake boobs, fake ass implants, facelift till their eyes touch their forehead. Or is it a body dysmorphia or maybe something else? What drives people to such extremes that they actually look terrible? It has to be connected to a mental illness of some sort.

It depends where you set the line, but I immediately think of our beloved synthol friends

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XM3lsRJbD-4 etc.

I think its all body dysmorphia and its more to do with obsessing and with splitting the body into different parts, so its more like a self-induced psychosis. Its definitely a very interesting phenomenon, especially since afaik many of these people also have an obsessional relationship to mirrors, so they look into the mirror and reassure themselves about what they still have to change to arrive at - whatever that special place is they want to arrive at; yet they somehow manage to have this cognitive defect that makes it impossible for them to see, that their attempt at not looking crap anymore (assumingly) makes them look even crappier. This one I'd like to understand heh.
As to NPD, I dont think so. I would say at least grandiose NPD which would be our candidate I assume makes no sense as the whole thing is about feeling inferior and trying to get to a certain place, while for pwNPD the "way there" is in itself unacceptable, everything has to happen now and perfectly and theyre already there.
I've quickly grabbed this here because it rose my interest but its a tad too long to read ;]. Afaics it associates OCD, Antisocial (heh), borderline, low self-esteem, low failure tolerance and perfectionism (p24f).
dx: dissociative disorder + npd
Akuma
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Extreme plastic surgery

Postby Solowolfpack » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:04 pm

It really is interesting, I’ve spotted a couple females lately that look like they have the butt implants, it’s so obvious and terrible looking to me. The synthol phenomenon, don’t even get me started with that lol
Solowolfpack
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Narcissistic Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post