Our partner

What's the truth about me?

Malingering message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What's the truth about me?

Postby ZwDe » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 pm

I think I'm malignant. I've tried going to the doctor about problems such as self-delusion. I feel like I have a serious problem and I've spent years researching illnesses and diseases, usually mental ones. It takes up ALL my time but no one takes me seriously.

The problem is I have no problem. But that is a problem to me. There simply has to be something wrong with me. I can't concentrate on my life at all and I can't break out of the pattern. I hate being able and prefer being unwell, so I'm going to try and make myself unwell. How else can I deal with my life. I don't even want anything for myself other than to be ill, but I'm scared of disease, and I don't want to be ill.

Researching and thinking about my (lack of) problem is debilitating, I've always needed the special treatment. I was never shown how to look after myself. So why should I learn? I can't control myself.

Attempting to make any self-improvement is self-delusion. I learn new skills but I just hate myself even more for being so self-hating. It's so exhausting and I can't stop. I don't want people to feed my sympathy addiction but they do.

Nobody told me my parents were childish. They could have said that their behavior was good or bad. I understand that now. But then I looked up to them. I threw everything in with them and they just walked right through me. That obliterated me. I had to parent myself.

People think I'm funny now because I'm a joke and making everything up. But for a while I thought that's what everyone did. I was shocked when I realized people were going through life not faking everything. I thought that was normal. Now not even the doctor can take me seriously.

I remember being 12 years old and playing with some toys. Then it suddenly hit me that I was going to grow up one day but I was always alone and didn't know how to do anything. So then I cleared them up and packed them away. I just stood there angry as you can get a 12 year old to be and just thinking Why is no one Telling me anything.
ZwDe
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What's the truth about me?

Postby CrackedGirl » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:50 pm

I am really sorry you are struggling so much with all of this. It sounds really tough for you. I really think you need some professional help - I think you need to be 100% honest with your Dr about what you are feeling and ask them to refer you to someone who can help you. It sounds like you have a lot of reasons for why you feel as you do and I think it is important to see if you can get some help to work through it perhaps in therapy.

Keep talking

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:51 am