Our partner

Depresrd, down, empty and lonely

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Depresrd, down, empty and lonely

Postby bellic007 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:54 pm

I am sad simply, Because i feel so lonely, cheated and being used by a girl. She cheated me for loving her honestly,. I had now no connection with family also, i intentionally kept a distance from them because i feel so weak as a individual. I am so feeling low like i feel to do nothing. Jusy lie in my bed and goto work and just sit there doing somethig for someone. I feel my life has no meaning. I feel so empty inside like i lost all the rays of hope..
Dx Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Self diagnosed Dissociative Disorder
bellic007
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Depresrd, down, empty and lonely

Postby ThisIsMe » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Don't visit here much anymore the past few years.

The only advice I can offer is that it probably would help your mood if you get away from MH forums for a while when you are really down. I realized years ago the more I posted and discussed on MH forums the more I was getting into despair. I know that sounds odd but posting on MH forums or just visiting them can be extremely counter-productive when you are really depressed and having a lot of mental suffering. I say this because most of the stuff you will read is very negative to begin with, not positive. And people visit MH forums mostly to vent, not help others work through their issues or even discuss other's issues. They are overwhelmed with their own sorrows and want a place to vent(been there done that). You post because you're suffering and want someone to help. But everyone is dealing with their own issues and are doing the same thing. In the end, you basically just end up reading negative stuff all day and this will drag you down further. When you sign out you will probably feel even more down, not only because you didnt get what you were seeking but because you were listening to others negatives posts and vents.

So when I do visit now and read posts where people say they are so depressed and are in despair, I feel like offering what I just did but never posted it until now. When you get really down it's better to skip forums and watch a movie, go for a hike, go to the zoo or something...anything to take your mind off your pain without bringing more attention to it. Addressing the actual mood issues and mental anguish is better done with the shrinks etc...use the forums to occasionally vent or just spend a few minutes browsing--but not for too long.

About all I can offer and my two cents for what its worth. Good luck.
ThisIsMe
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Depresrd, down, empty and lonely

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:23 pm

I've been on this forum since Feb. 2013. I shared, I responded and sometimes I got replies and sometimes I didn't. It can feel bad to not get replies, but for me, it felt good to write and hope I got a reply.

I also have a blog here and that helps me.

I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time. How are you doing today?
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (not the hyperactive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable :D

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (98)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum