Our partner

Experiences with trazodone?

Insomnia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Experiences with trazodone?

Postby ftheredfriend » Sat May 22, 2021 10:09 pm

Hello,
Was just put on Trazodone (50 mg) as a sleep aid, and was wondering about others' experiences with this as a sleep aid, specifically were your experiences taking it for the first couple of days, and long term? Did you take it every day, and did you ever have to up the dosage? Currently, I'm not taking any other medication (though I was on clonazepam on and off for a couple of weeks,but switched to Trazodone because was concerned about dependency issue)
ftheredfriend
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Experiences with trazodone?

Postby ftheredfriend » Mon May 24, 2021 2:52 am

Well, took it a second night, and did not work well. I guess you have to be sleepy before you take it, and then turn lights out , and close eyes before it takes effect. Was reading about the "window" of 30-45 mins of it working before it doesn't, and you're up, tossing and turning. That happened to me last night. I felt sleepy, but made the mistake of reading, and not going to sleep right away. The window passed, and was tossing and turniing the whole night. When I did sleep in random bits . . I remember some really bad odd dreams, not nightmares, just really vivid odd dreams.
ftheredfriend
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Mon May 24, 2021 5:13 am

ftheredfriend wrote: I remember some really bad odd dreams, not nightmares, just really vivid odd dreams.

I never get nightmares any more, but I think nights like that are just plain worse than one good screamer. They leave me questioning my sanity (which is questionable as things stand). I'll try to remember this, if I ever try the stuff. I'm real bad to want to look at my phone in bed- I know, that's even worse than reading a paper book.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:40 am

Postby ftheredfriend » Mon May 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Well, instead of looking at the phone, I usually try and read a book to get me sleepy again. Someone on a neighborhood website recommended taking CBD drops or thc infused edibles, as they said it helps them sleep. Unfortunately, working for a contractor affiliated with the federal government, I don't think I'm allowed to take those. At this point, I really want to, though, to even see if they would work, since prescription meds aren't working . Left a voicemail with my dr. saying they aren't working, but not sure what to do if she doesn't get back right away. Still have to pick up the sleep study tomorrow, but if I can't stay asleep for it long enough. . .Had some clonazepam left over and took it one night, to see if it still worked, but it didn't. .
ftheredfriend
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Mon May 24, 2021 8:13 pm

ftheredfriend wrote:Well, instead of looking at the phone, I usually try and read a book to get me sleepy again. Someone on a neighborhood website recommended taking CBD drops or thc infused edibles, as they said it helps them sleep. Unfortunately, working for a contractor affiliated with the federal government, I don't think I'm allowed to take those. At this point, I really want to, though, to even see if they would work, since prescription meds aren't working . Left a voicemail with my dr. saying they aren't working, but not sure what to do if she doesn't get back right away. Still have to pick up the sleep study tomorrow, but if I can't stay asleep for it long enough. . .Had some clonazepam left over and took it one night, to see if it still worked, but it didn't. .

I'm now tempted to try CBD as well. I think my local liquor store carries it... well that's convenient, isn't it?

I worked for a company that would cheerfully write you up if they caught even something you had a prescription for, in your system- then ofc you'd have to go through the bother of getting it removed after the fact- since you have a prescription!

I was under tons of stress and badly wanted to try CBD but was also afraid if I had to take a drug test for any reason (I did, once, for a reported injury I stumbled over something had to take a pee test) that they'd catch it and write me up. I researched it some, and apparently it seems to be agreed most tests for pot will NOT ping on CBD- if... and here's the caveat... if the CBD is pure enough. THC isn't supposed to be present; however sometimes it is....

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:40 am

Return to Insomnia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post