Our partner

I Never Get Tired Anymore.....

Insomnia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I Never Get Tired Anymore.....

Postby Jeg099 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:48 am

I can stay up for days on end and never feel tired. I'm currently going on TWO hours of sleep in the past SIX days. What a horrible feeling! I don't feel tired but I know my brain is fatigued because earlier today I let the car run out of gas on the road without even noticing! My cognitive ability is severely impaired right now. I literally can't think! It's like there's a metal plate in my head that blocking any and all thought. Short-term memory is shot. I feel like I'm going insane! GP has me on 50 mg trazodone daily to help with sleep. It worked for a few days; I'd get about 3 to 3.5 hours of sleep. Still taking trazodone.....and nothing....wide awake 24 hours a day. May have to bump the dosage up to 100 mg.....sucks....

I did injure my neck and head in a car wreck a little over 3 years ago. Could that have something to do with it? I wish I took those bumps a little more seriously back then because I'm suffering mightily now. Also, my GP just weened me off 900 mg daily of gabapentin for nerve pain. Could it be gabapentin withdrawals?

Gonna call my GP on Monday to see what she recommends. Trazodone just ain't working. Plus it gave me tinnitus now in my right ear. Anyone have any thoughts on sleeping meds (presc. or otc) that have helped you get that oh... so....important shuteye?

I'm to the point of desperation. I don't want to start seeing and hearing things that aren't there due to a lack of sleep. Lack of sleep contributes to increased cognitive impairment. Scary!!!

Why can't I just get tired and fall to sleep like a normal person??!!!! I just lay in bed all night awake with some dumb song playing over and over in my head. Underlying anxiety or depression issues maybe? My mom passed away back in early December plus I had open heart surgery in early January of this year. Could all this be having a cumulative impact on my ability to just fall to sleep?

For anyone else in the same awful place.... I feel for you.... I hope you somehow find blissful, restful sleep....

Severe insomnia is hell.....

-restless and anxious in *mod edit* Alabama from lack of sleep-
Last edited by realityhere on Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Privacy
Jeg099
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Insomnia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post