Our partner

Sleeping Pills for chronic insomnia

Insomnia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Sleeping Pills for chronic insomnia

Postby jambo1972 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:31 am

Hi Everyone
Insomnia is killing me.

I was at the gym at 6.20 am yesterday morning and didnt leave until 8.30 am. Then finished a whole days work and was still awake at 6 am this morning. :cry:

I feel like I am losing my mind.

The doc has given me ziplocone 7mg's and they are great. A game changer and vastly improve my life and families life. Yet I don't have enough to last a month. Think I will just self medicate as I cant understand the hysteria about taking a pill every night to sleep. If you have a bad back you take a pill to make it better..whats the difference? I get that you build up a tolerance but then just wean off them for a couple of nights and you are back to normal.

I have l theanine, 5 HTP, Magneisum you name it. Nothing else works. Meditation etc never works for me either. I exercise regularly but cant do it after a sleepless night. This doesn't work either.

Does anyone else rely on a pill at night and get by just fine? All I need is 4 hours unbroken sleep and I can function but I'm at my wits end now.
jambo1972
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sleeping Pills for chronic insomnia

Postby Bginagin » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:05 am

Please - you do not have to lose your mind or lose anyomre sleep. At least, not that often.The product, which I hope I was successful in bringing here. (I haven't visisted this site in so long, I may have forgotten how to bring pictures from the web.) If I am not successful, here is the name of what I tried showing you.

It is called Dynnamic Health Organic Certified (concentrated) tart cherry juice. The instructions are to put two tablespoons in an 8oz glass of water or any beverage and sip on throughout the day. I promise you, you will enjoy a restful and an unbroken - of at least the four hours or so you desire. The juice is not sweet at all, but bearable to drink when diluted. My son HAD insomnia, and very seldom suffers with a sleepless night any longer. I use the cherry juice myself occasionally, and boy do I REALLY get a good nights sleep. I hope this helps you.

One more thing. After the first week or so - I wouldn't drink it every single day - Maybe every other day or so, so your body won't become immuned to it. It works super fine for me, because I only use it once or twice a week. It is great for relieving stress throughout the day on those tense days.
Last edited by NewSunRising on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not link to online retail sites .
I may not know my way right now, but I will know real soon..
Bginagin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:52 am

Re: Sleeping Pills for chronic insomnia

Postby RapidMallard78 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:23 am

I have chronic insomnia, ptsd, nightmares, night terrors, sleepwalking, etc, etc. Have been most of my life. There is no one thing that works. I do many different things. I am medicated every night, but without these other factors I still would not sleep well. The sleeping pills do not put me to sleep, they aid me in my effort.

1. 3 step down method before bedtime: example, cup of tea, play solitaire, pajamas and brush teeth.
2. Same bed time every night.
3. If the sun is up, get up! Even if you end up taking a nap on the couch.
4. Limit caffeine.
5. Tart cherry (I love it! Tastes like cherry pie to me.)
6. Bed is for sleeping only. Not watching tv, not reading.
7. Relaxation or meditation exercises.
8. I listen to relaxing music while sleeping. Focus my mind on the flow of the music (no words, no wandering thoughts).
9. If after 1 hour if I'm not asleep, I get up, walk around the house to reset, then begin again.
10. When all else fails, Benedryl.
RapidMallard78
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:52 am

Return to Insomnia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post