Our partner

I think I’m a Hypochondriac and I haven’t slept in 6 days.

Hypochondriasis message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I think I’m a Hypochondriac and I haven’t slept in 6 days.

Postby Brandon128 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:50 am

I’m a Hypochondriac, and I was sleeping just fine for several months after being up for 9 days in August. I only recently started to worry about my sleep on Tuesday, where I tossed and turned for several hours, though I eventually fell asleep. Then on Wednesday, I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t stop focusing on my breathing, and as the days passed, whenever I breathe it feels like my heart speeds up, and songs keep playing in my head nonstop. My Aunt Mary has taken my blood pressure and my blood pressure and heart rate are normal. It seems like I only drift off to sleep when I slow down my breathing, but when I try to stop consciously breathing and let my body breathe, it feels like I can’t breathe, and I breathe by reflex, which is exactly what has been keeping me up. I keep having negative thoughts, thinking I’m gonna die, even though I’ve tried to focus on the positive, and my cousin and aunt have told me constantly that I’m fine, but it’s no use. And I’ve tried taking Tranquilizers, like Ativan, but it didn’t work, and it didn’t calm down my racing thoughts and me focusing on my breathing. I’ve tried to distract my mind, but even still I can’t seem to fix it. What do I do? Someone please help me.....
Brandon128
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I think I’m a Hypochondriac and I haven’t slept in 6 days.

Postby Rive » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:57 am

Well if you really cant sleep and feel your breathing is messing up. I would go the the sleep doctor. What is concerning me is that you havent slept at all for six days? If thats the case go to the emergency room but tell them you dont want any sleeping pills because of your breathing. See if they can run some tests there. Dont tell them you are focusing on your breathing or having racing thoughts or you think you will die they may refuse or put you on the psych unit. If you really havent slept at all that is not good because you should be falling asleep whether your breathing is normsl or not. I tell you all this from experience and dont go alot for this or they will think your making it up. Hope this helped.
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:18 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Hypochondriasis Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post