Our partner

Suggestions

Hypersomnia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Suggestions

Postby dcm29 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:51 pm

I am bipolar and spd but I go to bed at 10pm and then get up at 9am. I feel sort of refreshed when I get up but then by 1pm I have to sleep and will sleep until 3:30, and once again feel sort of refreshed. I then normally have a nap at about 6:30-7:30 and then start counting the minutes until I can go to bed. If I am depressed or not I still need this much sleep and if I don't get it I become phyicaly ill, (sick, shivery and have an elcetric shock going through my body.) My psych when it comes to this tells me that I should sleep less and changes my meds but then a meds change doesn't work. I am getting the bipolar and spd undercontrol and would like to do more stuff with my life and at the moment this is really holding me back. This is really starting to get me down. Help!
DX: Bipolar 1, Schizoid Personality Disorder, Hypersomnia NOS
Lithium 1000mg, Lamotragen 400mg, Quitiapine 750mg, Duloxatine 60mg, Propaninolol 160mg and the list goes on.
dcm29
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Suggestions

Postby jasmin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:58 am

Hi, dcm29! Other people with bipolar disorder have talked about having trouble sleeping. Maybe now that you're getting the BD and SPD under control, you'll be able to find something to help with this too. Try to be patient and keep asking your doctor for something to help you, if not, ask for a second opinion from another doctor. The meds need a bit of time to start working, usually, by the way.
Ask in the bipolar forum too.
How are you doing?
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Hypersomnia