Our partner

What disorder does this sound like?

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

What disorder does this sound like?

Postby imaginaryspiders » Wed May 16, 2018 11:44 am

Sorry I'm not sure where to post this.
So ever since I was very young my father has always been very strange. He has always been very mean to me and everyone. His biggest issue is with property. He believes everything is his property. He stole things from me on well over 100 occasions. He would always have an elaborate story of how he acquired the item and accuse me of stealing it from him. He also feels that he is superior and that everybody is below him. He is also very paranoid. He is also very rude to people in public. He walks up to people and says mean and vulgar things to them. He has never shown any remorse or sympathy for anyone. I became much more concerned in our last few phone conversations when he kept excessively referring to voices and we had to involve the police when he called to announce that he was coming to our house to get "his things" which are in the eyes of the law most certainly not his but that of others. He keeps claiming that it's our way of hurting him because he can't seem to understand that when people refuse to have anything to do with him that it's because of his deplorable behavior. Also his father was schizophrenic. I've never been able to figure it out as it sounds like several disorders. The list goes on by the way. I'd like to know what mental disorder(s) this sounds like. I always wanted to know.
imaginaryspiders
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What disorder does this sound like?

Postby shock_the_monkey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:19 pm

there's not enough here to even hazard a diagnosis. and, candidly, does it really matter. it seems that you have a good enough understanding of the situation.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:30 am