Our partner

Is it possible to need a Mommy so bad you create one TW

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

Is it possible to need a Mommy so bad you create one TW

Postby Rive » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:03 am

****Trigger Warning(mention of emotional and sexual abuse)****
For awhile now my chatter has been saying Mommy this or Mommy that when thinking about people I see as mother figures. A little background on my mother and me is she was very abusive emotionally and mentally and borderline if not sexually. She is selfish and mean. Anyway we aren't close really. Well lately the chatter has been saying stuff like Mom Mom shut up out of the blue but I dont hear anyone talking. Is it possible I have created a mother alter?
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is it possible to need a Mommy so bad you create one TW

Postby Zor » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Rive wrote:****Trigger Warning(mention of emotional and sexual abuse)****
For awhile now my chatter has been saying Mommy this or Mommy that when thinking about people I see as mother figures. A little background on my mother and me is she was very abusive emotionally and mentally and borderline if not sexually. She is selfish and mean. Anyway we aren't close really. Well lately the chatter has been saying stuff like Mom Mom shut up out of the blue but I dont hear anyone talking. Is it possible I have created a mother alter?

IDK about "making one"... but given the uncle was hurting me as a toddler, and then a few years later my parents were fighting and dad was drinking... ALL four of the first alters in our system have their own parents internally... in fact, they refer to "Zor's Mom" and "Zor's Dad(dy)"... not "our mom/dad(dy)".

So I guess it COULD be... Or perhaps an alter INSIDE has an internal parent figure, like our system has.

We DO have one alter that's parental. A parent to another inside, and HE talked outside to people, so I know it's not just an internal world thing, it's more full alter (even though I have NEVER had contact or communication with that one, ever).
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:51 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Is it possible to need a Mommy so bad you create one TW

Postby Rive » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:25 pm

Thanks, Zor
Rive
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:51 am