Our partner

Intake new T is next week, how to prepare

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Violarules

Intake new T is next week, how to prepare

Postby Bejer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi,

Treatment starts in two months, but the intake, two seperate sessions (first two hours, second 1,5 hours!) is next week. Oh my!

I already have so much different questions from different parts, and I know I'm going to switch to younger versions because of the stress, which results in not asking any of the questions and just being insecure and foggy. It might even be that might we make a note/letter, that the fronting part is too scared to even be aware of that when actually sitting there.

And then the 'afterwards' stuff will kick in as soon as we leave the place, I'm afraid. Could have, Would have, Should have! I'm not looking forward to having to wait two months with those feelings:) and there's just so much to ask and share.

Do people here have experiences with that? Maybe learned from those situations with different T's and adjusted your approach to first sessions?
F 37 Dx; DID & PTSD
Previous Dx; ADHD, BDP, Bipolar, PTSD, DPD, IQ >130 (all by different T's. Don't know yet which of them were false)

Five hosts; B, Ex, J, Er, R, who all have several 'younger versions', and subsystems D & X.
Bejer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Intake new T is next week, how to prepare

Postby ItsJustUs » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Bejer wrote:Hi,

Treatment starts in two months, but the intake, two seperate sessions (first two hours, second 1,5 hours!) is next week. Oh my!

I already have so much different questions from different parts, and I know I'm going to switch to younger versions because of the stress, which results in not asking any of the questions and just being insecure and foggy. It might even be that might we make a note/letter, that the fronting part is too scared to even be aware of that when actually sitting there.

And then the 'afterwards' stuff will kick in as soon as we leave the place, I'm afraid. Could have, Would have, Should have! I'm not looking forward to having to wait two months with those feelings:) and there's just so much to ask and share.

Do people here have experiences with that? Maybe learned from those situations with different T's and adjusted your approach to first sessions?

I highly suggest you write down your questions and concerns. It may even be helpful to ask each part what questions they want to ask and write them down now when there is no stress for anyone. Either note who they are from, or have a separate list for each person, or even simply assign each person a color of ink to use.

This way everyone is prepared, and nothing gets forgotten.

Delilah
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Postby Bejer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:31 pm

Thank you, Delilah, for some reason 'asking each part' resonated bigtime, somewhere. I just feel a lot of questions, but if I ask the parts one by one, this will be better. Thank you!

This might not change the possibility of not being able to get/show the note when I'm there, but it will be progress regardless.

There's also this fear; in my country, they are focussed a lot on 'fakers', giving workshops to T's on how to spot fakers, etc. One of the 'red flags' is when a client talks to easily/quickly about the system, without fear or something. I hate how I'm probably going to hold back out of fear to be seen as a faker.

-- Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 pm --

...yep, it's a big fear; someone started crying inside after writing that down. I think because of the million diagnoses and always being accused of denial and what not when I couldn't identify with a Dx. What if she thinks I'm a faker and will interpreted everything as wanting attention or something. Ugh:(
F 37 Dx; DID & PTSD
Previous Dx; ADHD, BDP, Bipolar, PTSD, DPD, IQ >130 (all by different T's. Don't know yet which of them were false)

Five hosts; B, Ex, J, Er, R, who all have several 'younger versions', and subsystems D & X.
Bejer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby IainEtc » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Maybe record the session on your phone so you don't forget what they tell you.

Iain

Just be yourself. Or be somebody else. Or do both. :D

Cody

Wear kevlar :wink:

Colin
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Postby ItsJustUs » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:49 pm

IainEtc wrote:Maybe record the session on your phone so you don't forget what they tell you.

Iain

Just be yourself. Or be somebody else. Or do both. :D

Cody

Wear kevlar :wink:

Colin

You made me do a giggle-snort. Thanks for that. Needed a laugh today.

Britney
Kitten 39F-Core, Delilah (age unknown)F- Protector/System Manager/Care Taker, Britney 17F- Former persecutor turned protector, Lilly 5.5F, Little Wolf (young, but age unknown) "job" unknown, Val- age unknown, Female entity, we think she is a protector
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Bejer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:54 pm

IainEtc wrote:Maybe record the session on your phone so you don't forget what they tell you.

Iain

Good one, Ian, thanks!

IainEtc wrote:Just be yourself. Or be somebody else. Or do both. :D

Cody

:) It sounds so easy, and by the calming down that's happening right now, I figure it might just be that easy indeed:)

IainEtc wrote:Wear kevlar :wink:

Colin

Honestly laughed out loud :D I might actually (have to) do that! :D

Thank you all:))
F 37 Dx; DID & PTSD

Bejer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Bejer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:11 pm

It's good to be back here.. <3 to everybody.
F 37 Dx; DID & PTSD

Bejer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:47 pm

I get so frustrated when I plan to tell my T something, write it down, and then somehow don’t see it on the page. So I started thinking of practical ideas to help you remember that you have a note. You can write on the back of your hand in ink: “Note to give T” and/or set a reminder in your phone to take it out and hold it in your hand right before the start of your appointment.

I have littles getting upset right now about the idea that the T might think you’re faking! People aren’t any more prone to fake DID than any other illness. It’s appalling that they train Ts to be suspicious of people coming to them for help!
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Postby Bejer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:02 pm

TheGangsAllHere wrote: It’s appalling that they train Ts to be suspicious of people coming to them for help!

Exactly that! Why is it so hard on so many levels for so many T's to accept this thing..! Do they have any idea how re-traumatizing all these dismissive stuff up front even things are.

I even wondered if treatment takes many years in a lot of cases because the T's are just as scared.

===========================================================================

If it took science so damn long to look at early childhood trauma because this reality also sucks for them!

Br

TheGangsAllHere wrote:I get so frustrated when I plan to tell my T something, write it down, and then somehow don’t see it on the page. So I started thinking of practical ideas to help you remember that you have a note. You can write on the back of your hand in ink: “Note to give T” and/or set a reminder in your phone to take it out and hold it in your hand right before the start of your appointment.

Thank you, couldn't even think of the writing it down on my hand, would work very well for me because I talk with my hands a lot!:)

-- Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:11 pm --

Which makes me wonder, immediatly, if I'm being too negative, not taking responsibility for something, by projecting something on T's here. One of the questions is definitly going to be;

- is it ok to show myself understanding from this angle (as described by Br) as well, because it's true?
F 37 Dx; DID & PTSD

Bejer
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ItsJustUs » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:06 pm

I know your intake is sometime this week. If you have not gone yet, we wanted to send you some encouragement. And if you have, we wanted to check in on you and make sure you are well.

D
ItsJustUs
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post