Our partner

Life isn't fair

Depressive Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Life isn't fair

Postby Mgn » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:55 pm

In January 2016 I moved to a new town for a job. By summer the job was no longer working out financially, but I felt confident that I would find another job. In August and idiot came out of no where and totaled my car. I have found some gigs online but nothing that I can survive on. There are SO many jobs in this town, but they are all 3 hours away by bus. If spending 6 hours a day on the bus isn't bad enough, it reaches 115 degrees during the summer here. Not only would I be stinky and tired by time I make it to work but I tend to pass out when I get too hot. It's not fun passing out alone in public!

It's really unfortunate that I moved to suburbia just before I lost the car. I never even would have moved to this town without a car. If I were in the city getting to these jobs would be easy breezy. I really don't know what I am going to do with 4 months left on this lease. I wanted to live in a nice neighborhood, and since I had a car driving to the city would be no problem. This just sucks! Not sure what to do anymore.

Writing this makes me feel a little better but the problem is still there. I feel like I have to go to a homeless shelter if I'm going to get ahead at this point. At least it would be close to those jobs downtown, and it's free. It doesn't sound nice but I'm pretty stuck.
Mgn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Life isn't fair

Postby LastStatement » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Can you possibly get a scooter? They have better gas mileage than a car, and you can get one that will go as fast as a car too.
LastStatement
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Mgn » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:12 pm

I don't have ANY money. I was just hired at a job out of town. luckily a friend is letting me borrow money to get a ticket there. Hopefully this is the start of something good. If things are looking good when my lease is up then I will move.
Mgn
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby LastStatement » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Mgn wrote:I don't have ANY money. I was just hired at a job out of town. luckily a friend is letting me borrow money to get a ticket there. Hopefully this is the start of something good. If things are looking good when my lease is up then I will move.

You could try posting on craigslist, it's worth a shot, some people can actually be generous on there. Hope things work out for you
LastStatement
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Depressive Disorder NOS

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post