Our partner

My niece

Delirium message board, open discussion, and online support group.

My niece

Postby Auntie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:53 am

My niece had a break down last Friday and she was entered into a Mental Center. She has been there all this time and we do not know anything more than when she entered. I just want to help her and my sister figure out what she has, but nothing is making sense as to what it can be. Where can I look to find out what tests should be done and what type of assessment should be done since we are nowat the 8th day. Every type of disorder I am looking at just doesn't sound like what she is like. She has lots of "highs" but I have never seen her in a "low". If someone has a website to recommend I would greatly appreciate it.
Auntie

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby scratch » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:24 pm

Is it possible that she has manic depression? It has a lot of symptoms. A friend of mine has it, and she's never noticeably down. when she's depressed, she gets a lot of energy and bounces around a lot. Most people mistake it for a very good mood.
scratch
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: My niece

Postby Shattered_Crystals » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Read medical books, and medical dictionaries, frequently to figure it out. Also, I suggest you take her to more than just one doctor, I also suggest you take her to a neurologist and also a psychologist and psychiatrist and taking her to others in the medical field would be good as well,and taking her to one with lots of experience would be even better.
Shattered_Crystals
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Delirium Forum