Our partner

Living 'on the edge" - what have I done?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

Living 'on the edge" - what have I done?

Postby Whysoserious10 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:25 pm

Please, no judgement. I already know i'm messed up.

In 2018 I was pregnant and had my son in August 2018. (This is important to understand my anger). Anyways, SIL (sister in law) and I have always had a rocky relationship. 100% my doing, I was/am jealous of her. She has a perfect house, two kids, a perfect job and a perfect marriage. I hate her for it. I played nice and had her on Facebook as a friend, just to make my husband happy. We've only met one time - for five minutes. I didn't want to meet her. I don't want to meet her. In the past my husband has thrown me "under the bus" to make his sister feel better. I don't want any contact with her, I don't want to know her, I don't consider her family. Anyways, she seemed very supportive of my pregnancy last year (from what I know of her, on FB) but she is one who will post pictures of her kids, twenty times per day on her timeline to get attention. It seems like she can never get enough attention. I strongly believe that while I was pregnant she was angry because I was getting a lot of attention. It's her brother (my husband's) first child - and mine as well of course. I also believe she was angry because I had my son two days before HER birthday, which took MORE attention off of her. She never said anything but this is what I believe. Anyways, guess who is pregnant again? And guess who is due right around my birthday this year (to get me back). As soon as my husband told me about her pregnancy (because she told him low key) I BLEW UP! I freaked out, told him how I felt about it that she was just trying to get more attention and told him I hated her, never want to hear about her again and don't want anything to do with her kids (his nephews). It might sound silly but it's a trigger for me and I know it will be a trigger in the future if I kept her on my facebook and had to see her constant updates about her wonderful pregnancy. I told him I don't want to know anything about her pregnancy and I hope she loses her baby because she's just doing this because she wants more attention. I took it a step further, deleted my Facebook, created a new facebook (under a fake name) and messaged her. I told her she's pathetic and doing this for attention and "oh well if she loses her baby" and "fck her baby" and told her she will never be my family and I never want to hear from her again and that basically I hate her. I've calmed down about the situation but I still don't like to think about it. I also told her that her codependency on her brother is sick and not to shove all of her ultrasounds in his face. He caters to her every need and gives her so much attention. So I don't go back into one of my manic episodes, I've chosen to remove her from my life and told my husband do what you want but I don't want to hear about her pregnancy.

Am I wrong for not wanting her in my life? I really went so manic that i couldn't even control myself. Then next day I was so emotionally drained I couldn't even think right. Can I just not have anything to do with her for my own mental well being? :(
Whysoserious10
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 12:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Living 'on the edge" - what have I done?

Postby RamadanSteve » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:01 pm

You are absolutely in the wrong, you are being absolutely horrible to your SIL for absolutely no reason. You seem to completely lack self awareness and you are so self absorbed that you think your SIL is obsessed with you and is trying to take attention from you when in reality you are projecting your own insecurities onto her. I sincerely feel awful for your SIL, it must be awful hearing your SIL tell you she hopes you lose your baby. You said not to judge you but ###$ that, you deserve to be judged. I feel sincerely awful that a child is being raised by someone like yourself.
RamadanSteve
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Whysoserious10 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:54 pm

*mod edit*
Last edited by quietgirl2538 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: very unhelpful remark; this will not be tolerated on PF
Whysoserious10
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:28 pm

Not to be rude, but the NPD forum is one page away...
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Whysoserious10 wrote:*mod edit*

Also I find this interesting because before I noticed that this was actually your reply to Steven, and that the username was the same on this reply and the OP, I thought this was a reply from a different person condemning your actions. Probably because you’re clearly projecting. Haha you’re a *mod edit*.
Last edited by quietgirl2538 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please be courteous to all members
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby RamadanSteve » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:23 pm

sickofbeinginvalid wrote:

Also I find this interesting because before I noticed that this was actually your reply to Steven, and that the username was the same on this reply and the OP, I thought this was a reply from a different person condemning your actions. Probably because you’re clearly projecting. Haha you’re a *mod edit*.

Yeah and she definitely is projecting but so am I to a certain extent. I shouldn't have been as vitriolic and condemning as I was in my original post but I felt like some "toughg love" was needed. But yeah, the OP seems to be more of a narcissist because she doesn't seem to comprehend that the way she acted was wrong but that doesn't make her a bad person foreve, I think she can improve and she needs to cuz she has a kid. I was born to parents who aren't awful people but I think my father is a narcissist and even though I love him and he loves me his ignorant parenting gave me a lot of emotional trauma so I responded to this post in anger. We all have huge faults, (even if you're "neurotypical") and I should have been more compassionate.
RamadanSteve
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby sickofbeinginvalid » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:40 pm

RamadanSteve wrote:
sickofbeinginvalid wrote:

Yeah and she definitely is projecting but so am I to a certain extent. I shouldn't have been as vitriolic and condemning as I was in my original post but I felt like some "toughg love" was needed. But yeah, the OP seems to be more of a narcissist because she doesn't seem to comprehend that the way she acted was wrong but that doesn't make her a bad person foreve, I think she can improve and she needs to cuz she has a kid. I was born to parents who aren't awful people but I think my father is a narcissist and even though I love him and he loves me his ignorant parenting gave me a lot of emotional trauma so I responded to this post in anger. We all have huge faults, (even if you're "neurotypical") and I should have been more compassionate.

I feel like you are very hard on yourself, Steve. I don’t think your post was that abrasive. Of course you would be angry over what she said because what she posted was messed up and showed a clear lack of insight and regard for another person’s feelings. Also, I understand you feel bad and feel empathy for this poster because you feel you were being vitriolic and also because you may have hurt the OP’s feelings. That’s valid and understandable, but also I really doubt this individual cares much about how you feel. I wouldn’t beat yourself up over what you wrote.

Also you are correct having NPD does not make someone a bad person. However, someone such as this poster is likely to engage in harmful behaviors towards others and not take responsibility for it therefore that makes them toxic regardless if they are NPD (which judging by their constant envy and believing others envy them I would say NPD is a better fit)
sickofbeinginvalid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post