Our partner

So angry at the doctor

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Echinacea, lilyfairy

So angry at the doctor

Postby jaus tail » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:48 pm

So I was feeling cold and went to the doctor and well this happened:
i look outside the clinic and there's no sign that says 'keep shoes outside'. Plus there aren't any shoes outside and i walk inside the clinic and see every other patient has worn shoes. So even i go inside wearing shoes.

When it's my turn to visit the doctor, i walk in the doctor's room. The doc asks me what's wrong n then switches to small talk as to what i'm studying.
i say masters.
n he's like: it's not done yet.
so i get little angry as in it's none of his concern that i'm doing masters at this age(28)
then i say i was working for 4 years.
n he's like 'got it'. the tone felt condescending like i've done nothing in life.

i let it go and the doc then asks me to lie to couch.
i first try to remove my sandal, but then notice the couch is short, so i think i'll lie around in such a way that my feet are dangling out and the sandals don't touch the couch. so i dont remove the sandals n am about to lie down,
when the doctor starts lecturing me:
come on remove your sandals at least.
you're educated.
use some common sense.
is this how you behave at home?

i explain to him that i was about to lie in such a way that my feet won't touch the couch, but still the doc says, 'is this how you'll sit in your house?'
i say sorry. though rage is boiling within.
the doc says: 'other docs wont even allow you in your clinic wearing shoes?'

i'm thinking: 'you're not doing some favor on me by letting me wear my shoes n enter the clinic. you should've put a board outside your clinic asking others to remove their shoes, or might as well ask your nurse to tell the patients to please put your shoes outside.'

dont act like you're doing some favor on me by letting me enter the clinic wearing shoes.
n dont tell 'use some common sense.'
LISTEN to my reason that i was about to lie in such a way that my feet/slippers won't spoil the couch.

i'm so pissed off at the doctor. i was about to stomp out of that clinic but controlled my anger somehow. i apologized to the doctor.

if only he had instead said: 'please remove your shoes' or even 'remove your shoes first' instead of saying 'use some common sense.'
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:03 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: So angry at the doctor

Postby Noca » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:09 am

Do doctors actually have a couch to lie on in their office? I thought that was only in the movies. I have met countless doctors and have never come actoss a doctor who expected me to remove my shoes in their office. Ain't no way I am removing my shoes to stand on a dirty floor.
Noca
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Re: So angry at the doctor

Postby jaus tail » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:46 pm

Yes they have a couch. Not sure if it's a couch or a stretcher. But it's there so the patient can lie on it n then the doc will use his stethoscope to examine heart beat n breathing. what pissed me off was his tone. as if he's doing a favor on me by letting me in his examine room with shoes.
rather put a board out that says 'please remove your footwear'
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post