Our partner

Career Poll

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

Career Pole

Architecture
No votes
Engineering
23%
Design
8%
Sales and Marketing
15%
Management
8%
Finance
No votes
Health Sector
No votes
Other (Please specify in comments)
46%

Total votes : 13

Career Poll

Postby Bellicose » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:20 pm

What kind of career do you have?

Are you successful in that career?

Do you enjoy it or would you prefer to move or have moved into a different field?
:)
Bellicose
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Career Poll

Postby vcrpamphlet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:06 am

Through my 20s mostly did sales or sales team management (finance and telco, some health insurance) before that waiting tables/kitchenhand, had a crack at disability care for a year but the pay was terrible. Worked a second job at a petrol station for a while. Currently have a cash-in-hand home maintenance business with a mate from rehab, which we’re stockpiling compost mix (he has a chipper and shoots in his spare time so there’s plenty of offal to make it nutrient rich) and firewood supply for, to supplant some of the grunt work. Plan is to build up a base of old regulars and turn legit in the next 6 months. The work’s alright, keeps you fit, but the biggest draw is not having to answer to anyone.

Can’t say it’s much of a career, lol.
vcrpamphlet
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:41 am

Postby justonemoreperson » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Engineering as an industry. Talking convincing bollocks as a career.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Manners73 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:21 pm

I kind of flit from one interest to the next and I can't settle on something I'd like to do as a career long term so I just work to make enough money so I can live comfortably, pay my way and put my daughter through uni.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby poxalis » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:40 pm

well let's see i did a bit of office work but then got real excited about some sweet talker down south. went to fuck around with him for a while and got knocked up a couple times. trying to get back into to work and i'm mostly looking at management type stuff. i did management in the past with success. my issues arise from my own mental health. my employers never had issue with me. but yeah i guess i've always been management,
poxalis
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:41 pm

Postby Manners73 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:35 am

I'm management and for some reason I always get spotted to be management but I don't ever see myself as a manager.

I just think that people should learn to manage themselves.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Squaredonutwheels » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:41 am

Manners73 wrote:I just think that people should learn to manage themselves.

hehehe
I suspect that is a manger thing to say?

-- Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:42 pm --

Manners73 wrote:I just think that people should learn to manage themselves.

hehehe
I suspect that is a manger thing to say?
Squaredonutwheels
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:41 am
Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby justonemoreperson » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:00 pm

Manners73 wrote:I'm management and for some reason I always get spotted to be management but I don't ever see myself as a manager.

I just think that people should learn to manage themselves.

I think it depends on what you mean by 'manager,' as there's a huge difference between being a leader and a manager.

I used to think I'd be a good manager, until I was one and I was dreadful. I thought I'd be good at it, because I'm a natural leader; to the extent that in any given group I tend to be the one that takes control and makes the decision for the group.

I can assess a situation and usually come up with the best option and then motivate people to do what needs to be done, either by encouragement or intimidation.

Being a manager requires you to focus on day to day details, manage budgets, deal with every whine and moan from a bunch of f*ckwits that should be able to sort stuff out for themselves.

I'm better in critical, high stress environments, rather than day-to-day crap.
I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right.
justonemoreperson
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Manners73 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Well I'm kind of left to my own devices really and I help people reach day to day targets. I motivate and train people and I do listen to all the whining and moaning and then I have to do my own target as well. I deal with a lot of people at all different levels of experience. I suppose I'm more of a motivator type person if it comes down to it really but they tell me I'm management when it suits, usually when I'm in trouble.
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby solemnlysworn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:37 am

Sales. Working in insurance/finance. Nothing fancy. I have fun with the negotiation
Hello friend
solemnlysworn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post