Our partner

What Psychopathy Actually Is. Peer-reviewed Research

Antisocial Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: seabreezeblue

Forum rules
Attention Please. You are entering the ASPD forum. Please read this carefully.

Given the unique propensities of those who are faced with the issues of ASPD, topics at times may be uncomfortable for non ASPD readers. Discussions related to violent urges are permitted here, within the context of deeper understanding of the commonalties shared by members. Indulging these urges is not what regular users here are attempting to do.

Conversations here can be triggering for those who have suffered abuse or violent encounters. Respectful questioning is welcome from non ASPD members.

For those who have no respect for either this illness or for those who are living with it, please do not enter this forum. Discrimination of Personality Disorders is not tolerated on this site.

Moderators are present here to ensure that members treat each other with dignity and respect. If topics become overly graphic or drift from having a healthy perspective, moderators will intervene.
Please feel free to contact a moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The Team

What Psychopathy Actually Is. Peer-reviewed Research

Postby easiersaidthandone » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:15 pm

The triarchic model of psychopathy is the current latest model for explaining the core aspect of psychopathy, and it's characterized by 3 separate constructs: Disinhibition, Boldness, and Meanness.

The essence of the triarchic model is that psychopathy encompasses three distinct phenotypic constructs: disinhibition, which reflects a general propensity toward problems of impulse control; boldness, which is defined as the nexus of social dominance, emotional resiliency, and venturesomeness; and meanness, which is defined as aggressive resource seeking without regard for others ("dysaffliated agency").

Overview: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19583890

How psychopathy differs from aspd: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23834781
I don't fake it. I just make it.
easiersaidthandone
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 7:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What Psychopathy Actually Is. Peer-reviewed Research

Postby slither » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:04 pm

In case you're wondering, I skipped gold and turned him into Platinum.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 11:08 am

Postby slither » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:44 am

First, they cannot interpret, second, they cannot form an accurate first impression. As to what a psychopath is, meanness is not it.

easiersaidthandone wrote:Boldness Disinhibition

-- Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:45 pm --

I guess I didn't say the magic word. Sticky. Please. See? Nobody cares.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Blueskywhitedove » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:17 am

Interesting. I agree with the results. It's obvious in me how i differ as a high functioning psychopath, the intrapersonal factor is the difference, in this model boldness.
Blueskywhitedove
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 10:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby SoloZombie » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:16 pm

It’s pretty obvious in my opinion when you are dealing with a true psychopath, it’s in your face, you can’t really avoid it if you are around them, they will push and push and take and take until you punch them in the face. The idea they are socially charming and elegant speakers is bullshlt in most cases in my experience and I’ve had a few one of which was my father. It’s animilist behavior something like animals marking their territory. Sure they can feed you a line of shlt and fool you but if you are around them it will come out. Superficial charm is not charm, it’s fake disingenuous and a lot of times obvious to people
SoloZombie
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon May 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Postby Blueskywhitedove » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:21 pm

SoloZombie wrote:It’s pretty obvious in my opinion when you are dealing with a true psychopath, it’s in your face, you can’t really avoid it if you are around them, they will push and push and take and take until you punch them in the face. The idea they are socially charming and elegant speakers is bullshlt in most cases in my experience and I’ve had a few one of which was my father. It’s animilist behavior something like animals marking their territory. Sure they can feed you a line of shlt and fool you but if you are around them it will come out. Superficial charm is not charm, it’s fake disingenuous and a lot of times obvious to people

Some people sense a psychopath despite the mask, you might be one of them, but all or most don't. Also it might depend on the psychopath, the mask might differ and some like me have high cognitive empathy, love and moral so the harm caused to others is minimal.
Blueskywhitedove
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby slither » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Blueskywhitedove wrote:Interesting. I agree with the results. It's obvious in me how i differ as a high functioning psychopath, the intrapersonal factor is the difference, in this model boldness.

You appear to be a born psychopath; you can't expect it to do anything, you can't know what it does, it is unable to know what you should do.

I'm a far left psychopath.

SoloZombie wrote:Superficial charm is not charm, it’s fake disingenuous and a lot of times obvious to people

Insincere is the word I use for it.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Blueskywhitedove » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:10 pm

slither wrote:
Blueskywhitedove wrote:Interesting. I agree with the results. It's obvious in me how i differ as a high functioning psychopath, the intrapersonal factor is the difference, in this model boldness.

You appear to be a born psychopath; you can't expect it to do anything, you can't know what it does, it is unable to know what you should do.

I'm a far left psychopath.

SoloZombie wrote:Superficial charm is not charm, it’s fake disingenuous and a lot of times obvious to people

Insincere is the word I use for it.

What is a far left psychopath? Yes i was born psychopath, one of my parents is a psychopath so i guess it was genetic.
Blueskywhitedove
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby slither » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:27 pm

Clinical psychopathy: I didn't know I was going to grab it. I didn't know I was going to squeeze it. I didn't know I was going to enjoy it.

Primate psychopathy. Bold, disinhibted.
Born psychopathy: You can't expect it to do anything, you can't know what it does, it is unable to know what you should do.
Vanilla psychopathy (what all psychopaths are): what branches from this one: psychopathy, far left psychopathy, literal psychopathy
Sexual psychopathy: Finds not getting kissed sexually arousing, and finds not getting coitused sexually arousing.
Angel of death 1a: It is a becoming, it is a perversion.
Angel of death 1b: It is a calling it is creepy.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby slither » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Blueskywhitedove wrote:What is a far left psychopath?
Having failed to appreciate empathy, twice...

Here you go :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4iPjlXNpg

Suffer like the rest of them, or become something else.
Allow the body to respond another way to the possibility of pain.
slither
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Antisocial Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post