Our partner

List of "mentally ill" killed by police , help create it

Open discussion about the Anti-Psychiatry Movement and related topics. This includes the opposition to forced treatment and hospitalization as well as the belief that Psychiatric Medication does more harm than good. Please note that these topics are controversial and therefore this forum may offend some people. This is not the belief of Psych Forums or Get Mental Help and this forum was posted to offer a safe place to discuss these beliefs.

Moderator: Riccola

Re: List of "mentally ill" killed by police , help create it

Postby Copy_Cat » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:13 pm

Daniel Prude

and they tried to kill Linden Cameron several body shots will 9mm handguns.

1 day ago - Linden Cameron, a 13-year-old autistic boy in Utah, is recovering in the hospital after police responding to his mom's 911 call for help shot the ..
I survived psychiatry.
Copy_Cat
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: List of "mentally ill" killed by police , help create it

Postby Wally58 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:31 pm

I am in Rochester NY where Daniel Prude was killed. He did not deserve what happened to him. He did suffer from mental illness, his brother told the public safety dispatcher about this over the phone call to 911. He also had illegal drugs in his system that may have affected his behavior. The county medical examiner has ruled his death a homicide.

It has become political, sadly enough.

We need to look at mental health professionals, clergy and other civil supports to work with the police in these situations.
Instead of 'defunding' the police, we need to supplement them with more resources to decide 'best practice and handling' in delicate situations.

Lawful protests are fine with me, it may incite the necessary change. I do disagree with the Rioting.

It will never be a perfect system. There may still be wrongful deaths and injuries, but hopefully we can make the system better with more effective training and fast, onsite evaluations.

Say their names. Pray for peace. :cry:
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Anti-Psych Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post