Our partner

Thank you

Anorexia Nervosa message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Thank you

Postby jasmin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:59 am

Hi! :D

In this thread, you can take a little time to thank someone who has given you support or who inspired you through their own story.
forum-rules.php
I am sorry I am not on the forum as much as I used to be, if I do not reply to you quickly, please contact another moderator/supermod/admin as well.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:19 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Thank you

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:04 pm

I would like to thank you all for being so honest and for being there to help and support each other. You are not alone

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:19 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby tine » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 pm

I really appreciate the feedback and support I've gotten here from everyone. Caturday is particularly wonderful. I just wish this forum was more active. It's really hard to find good discussion groups about eating disorders. Some sites are completely "pro-ana" and it's mostly a bunch of girls enabling each other and non-disordered teenagers that want advice on how to lose 10 pounds in a week for prom or whatever. Going on a crash diet is NOT anorexia. Sites like CalorieCount are on the other end of the spectrum where if you post anything remotely "triggering" you get warned and your post is deleted. Eating disorders just aren't so cut and dry, you know? I have good days and I have bad days. I like that we get support here no matter how we're doing. Our feelings are never invalidated. I love you all!
tine
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:19 am

Postby Manipulative » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:31 pm

I'd like to thank everyone on here for all the support, even if I found the advice hard to read sometimes, it needed to be said. Like neowhimsical said though, it would be good if the forum was more active. Even so, there are various people in these forums that are here most of the time to help and support people and I thank you. (:
You can call me Keri (:
Reviewed Dx; D.I.D (43 alters), BPD and transient psychotic episodes.
Meds; Pregabalin, Mirtazapine, Lorazepam, Promethazine.
Currently an in-patient since August 2013.
Manipulative
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:00 pm

I agree it would be nice to have the forum more active but I am glad you guys are here.

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Kirsten » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Hell, if they're being so fussy about triggers why on earth do they call themselves calorie count?
[Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson
Kirsten
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby CrackedGirl » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:23 am

Good point Kirsten

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby minxter » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Thank you to all of the moderators and people that make this safe place happen. I haven't posted on here much but am grateful to know that it exists. At the moment I am having a hard time staying away from sites which are feeding into my unhealthy thoughts. My first post here was a few months ago. Since then I have become completely obsessed and my goal weight keeps lowering.
I didn't think that this was going to happen and believed that I could stay in control if I kept myself interested in the one thing that has made my life worth living. Art has pulled me out of depressive episodes in the past but holds no interest to me anymore. Right now I wouldn't call myself severely depressed but it's recurrence is likely if I carry on in this direction.
Knowing that this site is here as an alternative to ones which call themselves proana is of big significance to me.

-- Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:36 pm --

Also thank you to everyone who has commented on my posts. I didn't feel at first that could comment on other people's posts having not experienced this myself for very long. I still don't feel that comfortable but if I see something I could perhaps help with I will do my best in future.
minxter
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby gratteciel » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi there - I'm glad to hear that this site has helped you. :) I hope you'll keep posting here!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
-Albert Einstein
gratteciel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:19 am

Postby Kelly1994 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 pm

I am thankful to all those who share their personal experience honestly for the betterment of other. Keep sharing and caring :D
Kelly1994
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Next

Return to Anorexia Nervosa Forum