Our partner

Independent Bathing Walk In Tub Solutions For Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's Disease message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

Independent Bathing Walk In Tub Solutions For Alzheimer's

Postby ellasbath » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:00 am

I am a caregiver take care of my Uncle who suffers from Alzheimer's.
If you are a caregiver, while you might not be personally dealing with a family member, When you show as much love and patience as you can, even in such personal matters like bath time, you are showing your patients that you care.  As the caregiver are the one required to set up the schedule of bath time.  my Uncle with Alzheimer's forgets to take bath everyday. My uncle doesn't like to be given a bath he can still manage to bath himself. I worry about him bathing along in a conventional bathtub. I found lots of mobility solutions at Ellasbubbles no longer do i need to worry about my uncle bathing alone.

I have installed grab bars and a walk in tub. Takes the stress of senior bathing for me and my Uncle. He enjoys the relaxing aspect of a walk in tub such as the hydrotherapy jets. It was a great solutions I remind him of his daily bath and he can bath in private with me standing around right outside the door. Another benefit of the walk in tub vs the conventional bathtub is that rate of falling is greatly reduced because the walk in tub doesnt leak water onto the floor and there is no need for my uncle to step the ella's deluxe model has a steel door that opens.

Sharing my story hope it helps others

edited by Administration--no commercial links
ellasbath
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 4:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Independent Bathing Walk In Tub Solutions For Alzheimer's

Postby Chucky » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:58 pm

...Only advertising products? - Not to worry. If you are indeed a caregiver, then you should be very proud of what you do. Even if you are not overly happy with the workd, it is a form of selflessness (i.e. doing things without asking for anything in return), and that is admirable.

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 22, 2019 4:38 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Alzheimer's Disease Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post