Our partner

is my drinking too much

Alcohol Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support
group.

is my drinking too much

Postby yct » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:06 am

i usually wont drink more than once a week usually not even that often. i really only drink a lot when it comes to social occasions like parties dances etc. however i love drinking. the main reason what i am nervous about is that i am finding that i am getting anxious how i will get alchol for diiferent events. for example i am spending time being anxious how i will get alcohol for next summer which is in a very long time. also i have adhd so i may be more prone to addiction. i do not wanna mess my life up will this develop into something bigger eventually?
yct
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:42 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: is my drinking too much

Postby Admitting » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:03 am

It's too much when you personally believe it is affecting your life in a negative way. Don't listed to anything you read about"if you drink X amount your an alchoholic" none of that is true.

Most people drink socially because they like drinking too, the moment it's not fun anymore is when you have a problem. You seem to be pretty receptive about yourself and honestly at this point you seem okay. Also I may be wrong but I'm assuming your underage since your worried about how you will get alcohol. Obviously risk factors increase if your underage.

If your underage I highly recommend waiting however I know how that goes. Make sure to take care of yourself and moderate yourself. I knew many people I went to school with that drank like crazy and now don't at all. If at any moment it begins to feel like a problem to you then it is and is best to take a break. You won't mess your life up and it won't develop into something bigger if you don't let it.
Admitting
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Postby I Dream 5 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Admitting wrote:It's too much when you personally believe it is affecting your life in a negative way. Don't listed to anything you read about"if you drink X amount your an alchoholic" none of that is true.

Most people drink socially because they like drinking too, the moment it's not fun anymore is when you have a problem. You seem to be pretty receptive about yourself and honestly at this point you seem okay. Also I may be wrong but I'm assuming your underage since your worried about how you will get alcohol. Obviously risk factors increase if your underage.

If your underage I highly recommend waiting however I know how that goes. Make sure to take care of yourself and moderate yourself. I knew many people I went to school with that drank like crazy and now don't at all. If at any moment it begins to feel like a problem to you then it is and is best to take a break. You won't mess your life up and it won't develop into something bigger if you don't let it.

I agree that it's too much if you believe it's affecting your life in a negative way. I drink 3 to 4 times a week and I'll have about 6 beers each time. I can manage that amount. Whereas before I needed to drink more and was drinking 6 days a week. But those days are long gone.

I eat better, sleep better and obviously don't drink as frequently and don't drink the volume I did in my younger days. If it's to the point where you are having alcohol-induced hallucinations, it's time to cut back.
Your one and only resident Schizoid (in most places).
I Dream 5
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby JusticeMe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:06 pm

IMO if you have ADHD then any alcohol is too much.

You already have at least one brain issue. Why would you damage your brain -- which must last you your entire life -- further with alcohol?

ADHD predisposes you to dementia later. So does ETOH (alcohol) consumption. So by adding drinking to the mix, you have just further increased your dementia risk. Not to mention your diabetes and cancer risks.

I find my sleep, health, mood, and life in general greatly improved off the alcohol. My ADHD is better managed too.

Once off the alcohol, you should be able to see clearly how severe the ADHD is. Then you can address it.

Take care.
JusticeMe
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:42 pm

Postby BadShrimp » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Drinking one day a week is not too much.
BadShrimp
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby NewLife2017 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:38 am

Essentially, you have answered your own question when you stated that you get anxious wondering if you will have alcohol. I wish for you days of no anxiety over alcohol or anything else.
NewLife2017
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:42 pm

Postby GoswellDivorce » Thu May 02, 2019 2:33 pm

JusticeMe wrote:IMO if you have ADHD then any alcohol is too much.

You already have at least one brain issue. Why would you damage your brain -- which must last you your entire life -- further with alcohol?

ADHD predisposes you to dementia later. So does ETOH (alcohol) consumption. So by adding drinking to the mix, you have just further increased your dementia risk. Not to mention your diabetes and cancer risks.

I find my sleep, health, mood, and life in general greatly improved off the alcohol. My ADHD is better managed too.

Once off the alcohol, you should be able to see clearly how severe the ADHD is. Then you can address it.

Take care.

This sounds like an intelligent post. Lets all listen to this person. Im sure this person is employed at a doctors office making 100k a year. Im sure he puts the D in the PH.
GoswellDivorce
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Alexendra » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:09 am

Hey Dear, No need to worry about it.Drinking once in a week is not a big deal, My opinion is that it will benefit your body upto some extent. Maybe you know that alcohol is the highest energy giving liquid in the world which is easily available to all. However if you want to stop this, then you can try some methods: Drink beer only, limiting no of drinks, Switch Scotch from brandy , drinking natural wines only,agreeing to resign from job if broke the above rules etc. Finally, if you feel you are unable to do this then , you can approach to alcohol addiction hotline centers in your nearby, they will guide you in you in the best way.
:) :) :) :)
Alexendra
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:12 am

Return to Alcohol Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post