Our partner

here it goes

Acute Stress Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

here it goes

Postby desireer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:01 am

i've lived years with anxiety that i can't control. it makes everything difficult for me. i haven't been able to enjoy anything completely that i've experienced in so long it's unbelievable. just sitting down at a resteraunt or going anywhere... i can't relax. it's ruined so much that i wish i could be enjoying, and i'm tired of it. i've been tired for a long time but i don't know what to do. other people don't take it seriously and just call me paranoid because i keep the extent of my anxiety to myself.

i don't know how to come clean to my parents that i do have a problem. i'm afraid they'll tell me it's no big deal or think i just want attention. i don't want to tell them that for a while now there has been something wrong.

i'm going to college this fall and i don't want to enter the next stage of my life with this. i want help i just don't know how to ask for it.
desireer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Chucky » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:26 am

Hey,

You know, it's common for people in your situation to find it hard to open-up to their parents about this. That's why counsellors and doctors exist. If there's a counsellor available in your school/college, then I think that you should go to see him/her. It's nothing major, just basically like having a talk with someone.

When I was last as anxious as you now seem to be, I ended-up leaving it all too late and it really screwed-up my life. I eventually went to my doctor, was prescribed an anti-depressant and, since then, it's been mostly uphill.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

thanks

Postby desireer » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:21 pm

i'll try and talk to a counselor at school. thanks.
desireer
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:25 pm

No problem. They are usually free, after all. Come back and tell me how it goes if you want to.

Good luck,
Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Acute Stress Disorder