Our partner

Psychology of a threesome

Sexual Disorder NOS message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Ada

Forum rules
You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

Psychology of a threesome

Postby gulagman145 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:34 am

What's it like to have a three-way with a committed partner and an outsider? How can one accomplish fulfillment for all parties without alienating or negatively affecting the committed relationship? Is it normal to want to have a three-way? My partner is highly attractive to me, but I have only been with her and one other girl in my less-than five years of relationshipping, and I want to experience a three-way while I am young without compromising my relationship...
gulagman145
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Psychology of a threesome

Postby MyFriendVince » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:59 am

Dude, stay away from a threesome with any kind of emotional involvement, I mean really , run away like a bat outta hell ! Someone is going to get hurt FOR SURE, the emotions are going to storm around and things will NEVER be the same again.

What you can do is get yourseld a nice girl just for sex and then ask her to get a female friend to join in, that's the smooth and unharmful way.
MyFriendVince
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Psychology of a threesome

Postby Ada » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Communication is everything. As long as everyone is completely up front with how they are feeling. Honest about their motivations. And respectful about their partners. This can work out fine. As soon as people are keeping things hidden, that's where disaster lurks.

There's no age limits on threesomes, you know. :D I don't think citing age is a sound reason for this. And I might be over analysing. But it seems to me perhaps to imply that you're under confident about the sex you've already had. If you don't feel like you've had enough experience, then a threesome is one way to remedy that. It does risk leaving your partner feeling like they "aren't enough" for you. That's what I mean about communication and honesty.

Also, I'm making the assumption that you'd want a second woman. How would you feel if your girlfriend was willing to do this on the condition that you also have a threesome with a second man? Are you willing to go along with her fantasy in order to fulfill your own? It might not be an issue, she might be interested in this herself. Just throwing it out there that if she's willing to do this just to make you happy. Again, that's a disaster scenario in waiting.

It's really important to practice safe sex to protect all three of you. And ideally, to meet beforehand and discuss the details. Some people have drunk, opportunity threesomes. Those are much riskier, though.
We think too much and feel too little.
 More than machinery, we need humanity.
 More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.

From The Great Dictator — Charlie Chaplin
Ada
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (29)

Return to Sexual Disorder NOS Forum