Our partner

Schizoid TV/Movie Characters?

Schizoid Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: WichitaLineman, IceBlock

Schizoid TV/Movie Characters?

Postby Carl » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:45 am

Is Lillith Crane -- Frasier's ex-wife from Cheers -- considered schizoid? Are there any other TV or movie characters that you can point to as exhibiting schizoid characteristics so I can perhaps get a better idea of what watching one looks like, thanks.
Carl
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Schizoid TV/Movie Characters?

Postby Eric_Lee » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:30 pm

All the slightly schizoid characters in T.V are always "helped" at some point during the show and ruined... i've yet to see one that is plain as day schizoid.. they always have some yearning for human interaction hiding or somthing.. i guess T.V just prefers avoidants.. cause a schzoid T.V character would be very boring to watch.... Watching schizoids is boring.
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Postby Syene » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:23 am

Dr. Manhattan (Jon) in Watchmen http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/ http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3G5ZujzOlN0/SbAAAp0YlVI/AAAAAAAAAzQ/UR-7D-6mxy4/s400/DrManhattan

Why must I save the world I no longer have any stake in?

A live body and a dead body contain the same number of particles. Structurally, there's no discernible difference. Life and death are unquantifiable abstracts. Why should I be concerned?

We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings.
Everyone for Himself and God against All
Syene
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby shugy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:29 pm

the kid from the big lebowski who was blamed in stealing the dude's car could have been schizoid. he looked indifferent to walter's violent outburst and to the accusations.
the best trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist...
shugy
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby skyschizoid » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Cloud from Final Fantasy's 'Advent Children'... He's not schizoid, but he does "exhibit schizoid characteristics".
I don't get tired of liars and lies, I get tired of the people who believe them.
skyschizoid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Postby Eric_Lee » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:09 pm

skyschizoid wrote:Cloud from Final Fantasy's 'Advent Children'... He's not schizoid, but he does "exhibit schizoid characteristics".

Hes madly in love with Tifa, and always worries about everything... If anything i'd say Vincent valentine is the most schizy like character in FF. Despite clouds kick ass-ness, hes not very schizy at all :(
Eric_Lee
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby skyschizoid » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:38 pm

Eric_Lee wrote:Hes madly in love with Tifa, and always worries about everything... If anything i'd say Vincent valentine is the most schizy like character in FF. Despite clouds kick ass-ness, hes not very schizy at all :(

I don't know... maybe that's some back story that I missed. I didn't think he was madly in love with anyone, except that dead chick (forget her name), and that could conceivably be regarded as a "fantasy"... It seemed that he ended up with Tifa in the end, only because it was the only way for him to relieve his guilt, what with the orphaned kids and all. I get the impression he would jump ship if not for that.

I don't know, maybe I'm so delusional that I completely rewrite story lines, overlay them with whatever is going on my my internal world. It's not impossible.

Although you're right. Vincent Valentine would be closer actually. Problem is, his character isn't developed enough to really know...
I don't get tired of liars and lies, I get tired of the people who believe them.
skyschizoid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ShaggyShaggs » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:36 pm

I think Niko Bellic from GTA 4 might qualify, vaguely. Violent revenge fantasies, keeps to himself as much as he's able, tends toward introspection, mostly interacts with people based on necessity rather than anything like friendship, and (at least as I play him) flatly ignores people that would be his friends unless they serve some useful purpose, in which case only puts the bare minimum maintenance effort into the relationship.

Also tends to shoot people in the face for daring to speak to him uninvited, but that may just be me being a dick.
The gnome zaps a forked wand!--More--
The death ray hits you!--More--
You die...--More--
Do you want your possessions identified? [ynq] (n)
ShaggyShaggs
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Postby skyschizoid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:03 am

I've been thinking hard to come up with a schizoid character... can't think of one yet. But I did come up with Willy Wonka (w/Johnny Depp) as schizotypal...
skyschizoid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Carl » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:30 am

I'm still wondering about Lillith Crane, Frazier's ex-wife, what was her problem supposed to be :shock: :
Carl
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Next

Return to Schizoid Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post