Our partner

Incest

Paraphilias message board, open discussion, and online support group.
Forum rules
================================================

The Paraphilias Forum is now closed for new posts. It is against the Forum Rules to discuss paraphilias as the main topic of a post anywhere at PsychForums.

================================================

You are entering a forum that contains discussions of a sexual nature, some of which are explicit. The topics discussed may be offensive to some people. Please be aware of this before entering this forum.

This forum is intended to be a place where people can support each other in finding healing and healthy ways of functioning. Discussions that promote illegal activity will not be tolerated. Please note that this forum is moderated, and people who are found to be using this forum for inappropriate purposes will be banned. Psychforums works hard to ensure that this forum is law abiding. Moderators will report evidence of illegal activity to the police.

Incest

Postby morbitron » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 am

hi... i have a major problem. ive been having sex with my sister for 3 years now. it was all fine and dandy at first but there's a problem. we have a two year old daughter and im afraid of how she will grow up... ive been trying to keep it a secret from my family but its getting harder. i feel terrible for the child because if people find out then she will have to go the rest of her life as the girl who's mom and dad are brother and sister... ive decided that all i can do is just walk away and let my sister raise her. i pay my child support and thats all i can do. i feel like such a bad person for all of this because she will always wonder who her father is. its not fair to her but i don't know whats worse, that or the stigma i talked about earlier. am i a bad person or this?
morbitron
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:02 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Incest

Postby Platypus » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:46 am

Welcome morbitron,

I understand that your situation is a difficult one. However what's done, is done. Walking away from your sister and child does not change what has happened between you and your sister.

Why are you trying to keep it a secret from your family? If you have been able to hide both your relationship and a two-year-old child, then I am guessing that you are not close to your family. So what is it you fear? Rejection?

Is your sexual relationship with your sister a crime in your country? Is that something you are afraid of?

What does your sister want you to do? I imagine that you daughter would not want you to leave. Whatever your relation to her mother, she probably only sees you as her father. You are her daddy.

Walking away may be the easiest thing to do but you probably have other choices.
No diagnosis, lots of opinions, and a bunch of issues that I haven't quite figured out.
Platypus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:02 pm

Re: Incest

Postby cureav » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:14 pm

How conservative is your country? Will this public opinion change soon? Find the closest country that legalized that issue, try to find a work there, even for a few years alone, than pull your sister and kid at your place. Its going to be a big issue for your kid while growing up in the conservative society, friends etc. But your kid will need both parents for sure.
You have choices: a lifetime silence and secrecy (but this is lying your own child and I am disgusted thinking of it), freedom in other country, being a friendly neighbor - but a dad instead...

Sorry, I was going to talk about the past, but its done with that, so make the best choice for your kid!
Your heart will be full of happiness or bitterness when your kid grows up :wink:
cureav
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:02 am

Return to Paraphilias Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post