Our partner

This is my story...

Munchausen Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Re: This is my story...

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi

I think that it is good you realise you cant do this on your own. Yes they might be concerned given what you are studying but it is important you show them that you want to recover. It might be worth phoning a mental health line for doctors and med students anonymously first to see what people think would happen should you seek help. I know it is a difficult place to be in tho.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:24 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Kayzee » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Thank you all for sharing your stories... as a mom who suspects her daughter has Munchausen's it is very helpful for me to read your post. I wish the best health for all of you getting through this. Life is hard & we ALL have issue's we have to work on. Also as mom going through this with my daughter. I just wanted to say getting into help & getting better is all you should think about... no worries about the past. Your family wants you back with them & well. I don't feel that I would need my duaghter to confess her history on this to me. I don't think I even want to know the details. I Just want her to take good care of herself going forward so we can have a realtionship and be a family with trust and she can live a normal life. Also there is always guilt in life, always.

Also your family probably suspects something is going on. They may have never heard of muchausen's &feel guilty for doubting you. My point is your probably not as scott free getting away with it as you think. Getting better will remove the stress & resentment you may not even realize that is coming across from your loved ones.

I have question & I would love to have it answered by some one who has muchausen's. My duaghter too is in the medical field. To me it seems part of heeling would require one to move to a different career. Wouldn't being in the medical field bring constant temptation every day? Sort of like an alcoholic working in a bar?

Please forgive my ignorance if I insult. I am just trying to learn & help the best I can too. I pray for heeling for each of you & for your families. What ever your faith is, please pull on this higher power it will help through. Stay strong & God bless you.

Karen
Kayzee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:24 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby lilkiwi23 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:54 pm

this post made me join... your post is very brave... i was just wondering how are you 5 years on from this post? id like to post my story oneday.. maybe...i've known ive had this disease for years it rules my life.. is there a way out? a cure?? is there help for people like us???
lilkiwi23
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 pm

Postby yeejah » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Thank you for your honesty.
you deserve help and recovery.
i think this should be pinned everywhere so that people know that MS is valid, and people affected are worthy of treatment.
This is to everyone who believes MS is not real.
It's not.
(p.s i dont have MS, i just like learning about it)
yeejah
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:24 pm

Postby jeebo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:59 am

Hello guys

I hope you are all doing well and getting on with life in good ways.

I think that what you are suffering is a habit caused by emotional needs not being met in some way or another. The initial poster identified where the habit came from in their case. In order to move on from this habit, you need to stop kicking yourself for having it in the first place! Accept that this is a normal part of life and a reaction to something you had no control over. Now, identify the areas in your life that you are missing emotional stimulation, do you feel lonely, bored, unworthy? Look at other people, how do they get stimulation in these areas? Watch everyday people and try to understand their own needs and learn the ways in which your needs can be met in "mainstream" ways.
It is easy to look at others through rose tinted glasses, but nobody gets their emotional needs met 100% of the time, and sometimes you have to fulfil your own emotional needs, it can not always be done by others!
And I think like people have said previously - people are always happier that you're telling the truth and actually healthy, than they care about some lies you've told. And if they don't then they aren't worthy of your time. Don't be ashamed, your feelings are valid, what you are experiencing is valid, your behaviour is valid otherwise this wouldn't be a thing.
Wish you all the luck in the world guys.
jeebo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Selfless74 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:56 am

Wow. Now I know why alcoholics need each other.

I read the "and more surgery" and at least now? Cringed.

And technically speaking, I really feel like I should be in prison, anyone else know the feeling?

Reminds me of a speaker meeting where the "war story" of the day involved a Social Security office hopped up on meth.

And that feeling, I do know!!!
Selfless74

Diagnosis: Factitious Disorder, recovered (1 year on 1/17/2018)
PTSD

Medication: Lamotrigine (100mg twice daily)-indication, nerve pain, helps mood too.
Selfless74
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 am

Postby Tammy23updated » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:14 am

Hi all, never thought I'd find this website again! I am the original poster and will be posting an update to this 8 years on! This website was my first time ever talking about my Munchausens, I have allot to say, and for anyone going through this, there is hope out there... It does get better. Will post update soon :D
Tammy23updated
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 pm

Postby Terry E. » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:27 am

Looking forward to hearing more about it and hoping you are okay.

Take care.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Blog: View Blog (1)

Previous

Return to Munchausen Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post