Our partner

Suspected fabricated pregnancy

Munchausen Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Terry E.

Suspected fabricated pregnancy

Postby NeedAdviceinLa2016 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Hello everybody,

I've tried to keep this brief and vague.

Last year a close in law announced she was pregnant, everybody was thrilled for her and her partner. As the pregnancy progressed, however, I began to have suspicions - for several reasons - that perhaps she wasn't really pregnant.

When she was relatively late into the pregnancy she experienced a stillbirth. Everybody was devastated. Close in law was alone at the time in another city and came home the next day. There was never any mention again of the baby.

Now she has announced she is pregnant again and again the details do not make sense.

Today I've been thinking about this, because of the thread on facticious disorder. I'm ashamed to say I did an image search of the scan picture from her first pregnancy and it's come up as being from a pregnancy forum from 2009.

I don't really have a question, I just need a sounding board. I don't feel it's my place to say anything but by not telling my partner I feel I am complicit. If I'm right, I dreading the pain that everybody will be put through again, when there is another poor outcome.
NeedAdviceinLa2016
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:52 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Munchausen Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post