Our partner

Just Don't Know

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Otter

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Just Don't Know

Postby GrayWolf » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Hello Everyone
My name is Lucy I'm one of GrayWolf's internal beings(alters) I'm 22 years old I'm writing this because none of us including GrayWolf is sure what to do about something.
When GrayWolf told her childhood friends once she was diagnosed with her emotional health conditions all of them except for one told her. That until she no longer has any of her emotional health conditions that they don't want to hear from her ever again. That she is nothing but a failure and a screw up that if she wasn't so messed up her grandmother would be alive. Well she got upset said nothing to any of them. Paid the bill because they were all out to lunch at their favorite place for she had gone to her hometown for a visit. The one friend that said nothing ran out after her and when she caught up to GrayWolf told her. That no of it matters that with the help of the therapist GrayWolf was seeing at the time and with the right medications GrayWolf will learn to lead a normal life. That if GrayWolf ever needs someone to talk to just pick up the phone and call them. GrayWolf didn't say anything just hugged her best-friend for not treating her the way the rest of their friends had.
That was five years ago well today we got a message from one of the people that turned against GrayWolf telling her never to speak to them again. Which brought it all back to her even though all the message is doing is asking how she is doing and if they can talk. None of us know what to do about the message GrayWolf asked her husband for advice. He told her that it's up to her if she talks to them or not that he can't tell her what to do. Which is true but he can't tell her what to do but she was looking for some kind of advice on it. Even explaining what that person had done to her but all her husband said was it was up to her.
So we just don't know what to do about it she wants to talk to that one friend with how long it's been and with how they were really close at one point. Close enough were they were talking about getting married to each other and starting a family at one point. But she also don't want to talk to them because of how they treated her the last time they talked five years ago.
We just don't know what to do about this at all the 'friend' has even tried leaving messages for me to answer and some of the other internal beings(alters) that he knows about. That he has met and had a friendship with over the years before what happened five years ago.
Some that he's messaged have said maybe we can give him a second chance it's been years maybe he has changed while some are going we shouldn't answer him. He had hurt GrayWolf deeply and broke her heart.
So we don't know what to do about it and GrayWolf isn't sure what she wants to do about it either.
Thank you for listening
Lucy
I live with PTSD, DID, OCD, Bi Polar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Sever Chronic Depression, Insomnia and Anorexia I have my good days and my bad days with everything and I love how my husband is very supportive, kind, helpful, understanding and above all else he is very loving
GrayWolf
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Just Don't Know

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 am

Hi Lucy,
I'm sorry to hear of such unkindness from those people towards Graywolf. My own advice I take is to sit and think on it and know how it really makes Graywolf feel. Be honest with themselves and try to take steps from there. For me to tell Graywolf to talk to this person or not to talk to the person might mean it's just how I personally view things. My personality is the type that does not trust easily. So I don't know what type of personality Graywolf may have. My way of being has me running away from people who have hurt me. I try to stick close to those who truly do care and love me and stay far away from those others. But there is also one person who hurt me once in not a big way, but I was hurt and she was a friend. She contacted me in a good way and she said she appreciated me and ever since then (about 3 years ago),she has shown herself to be true to her word. She is mature and she is someone I am ready to trust again. But my main thing I am trying to get across is to really think about how Graywolf truly feels and how she can deal with anything that comes their way, good or bad.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 am
Blog: View Blog (141)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum