Our partner

treated like an unreliable witness in discussions

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

treated like an unreliable witness in discussions

Postby UpDownAround » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:42 pm

This mostly venting.

I know I am not the only one this happens to. One reason I keep things private even with some close family and friends is that after they know, it is like I am no longer an equal if there is a disagreement about any past event or an inference I make from the way they speak or act.

Because I have decades of experience hiding things from people, lying does comes very easily to me. But I think everyone does that to some degree; not telling a friend what you really think about how they dressed or artwork they bought or whatever. I do the white lies also and just because I have some dark ones in the mix I don't think that makes me less reliable when discussing things that have nothing to do with my mental health.

Yeah, I am frustrated about a particular recent conversation but it is no isolated incident.
Up and down
And in the end it's only round and round

Pink Floyd - Us and Them

bipolar II, hyperacusis, substance use disorder
lamictal, straterra, saphris
UpDownAround
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum