Our partner

Very volatile mood..

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Very volatile mood..

Postby Annapolis » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:44 pm

I've noticed lately that my mood changes very easily throughout the day. Just today, I woke up feeling pretty decent and went to school, but in second period, I thought a classmate was being purposefully rude and that made my mood plummet. I was feeling extremely low and self-conscious for the next few hours, until someone complimented me on my shirt during last period, which made me instantly happy and social and excited for life. Then, a few hours after getting home from school, I couldn't get my ponytail right and after several tries broke my hair tie and it sent my mood into anger. Right now, I'm listening to music and I feel fine.

Today was kinda unusual for me, since my mood usually does 0-2 u-turns a day, not 4.

My mood changes very easily at the smallest things, and it's not fun for me. It's really getting in the way of my life. I'm taking 300 mg wellbutrin a day for mild depression.

Anyone know what it could be or how I can deal with it?
Annapolis
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:42 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Very volatile mood..

Postby Baldanders » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:19 pm

I don't know what it could be for you, but I've had volatile mood swings like that as a borderline. Learning emotion regulation skills in DBT (also in CBT) helped level me out a bit more. If you have access to a therapist, I would suggest asking them about CBT. If you don't currently, you can probably find workbooks online.
And of course, talk to your doctor and/or therapist about this, but I'm sure you knew that already.
Baldanders
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:42 am

Postby helloagain » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:49 pm

Consult a doctor. You may need a mood stabilizer in place of an antidepressant. Does anyone else in your family have a mood disorder?
helloagain
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:12 pm

Postby Annapolis » Tue May 02, 2017 1:08 am

helloagain wrote:Consult a doctor. You may need a mood stabilizer in place of an antidepressant. Does anyone else in your family have a mood disorder?

Not that I know of. My family is from a culture where mental illness is highly stigmatized, to the point where it can be difficult to find jobs, so I wouldn't know anyway. My mother used to show some depression (and was planning to commit suicide? we don't know), but I think that's mainly due to culture shock and me being such a terrible child.
Annapolis
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:42 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post