Our partner

Possible mood disorder or just bad times

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderator: Tyler77

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

Possible mood disorder or just bad times

Postby DamagedSpaceCat » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:27 pm

I hope someone can help me. Some days I feel totally hopeless. I don't know the root issue or how to deal.

I was recently given mood stabilizer. Anyway often I get so depressed that I long for death. I cry a lot and one day I didn't get off the couch except to use the restroom. These days are interspersed with times when I start to feel hopeful again, usually only for a short period like a few minutes or a few days, and start a new plan to make things better. I feel optimistic and have ideas I want to try. Then I "crash," because I feel quickly overwhelmed and negative or because the plan didn't work. I've come to fear hope because whenever I try to pick myself up I always fall again and it hurts so much. So I think I'm on the brink of numbness so I don't have to hurt anymore. Then I think I'll never get better.

I don't know if the mood disorder conclusion is correct.. or maybe I'm just scared of it.. but I got an engineering degree 4 years ago and no one would hire me, moved 5 states north a year ago, have had many financial struggles the past 2 years, used to love making art and now I can't stand it .. so I feel purposeless, passionless, often worthless.

I feel I've tried dozens of solutions for all these possibilities.

Do you think this is situational or other? What can I do?
DamagedSpaceCat
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Possible mood disorder or just bad times

Postby Goodboy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:45 am

I would tell a psychiatrist what you wrote here. To me it sounds more like depression. Does everyone around you seem happy? And do you think why can't you be that way too? It's a common sign. Along with mental fog or inability to make decisions. I've been through it myself and it took a while for an antidepressant to kick in, but when it did it lifted the feeling of hopelessness in one day
Goodboy
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: Possible mood disorder or just bad times

Postby Winteriscoming » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:02 pm

This sounds a lot like the problems I've had with the depressive part of my disorder.
Winteriscoming
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:25 am

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post