Our partner

[First Post] Feeling Troubled

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.

Moderators: Otter, quietgirl2538

*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

[First Post] Feeling Troubled

Postby hydrangea00 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:23 am

Hey Everyone,

It's honestly a big step to post here and I don't even know where to start. [I originally had this posted in the NPD forum, and a user suggested I move it here]

I'm just hoping I'll have some common ground with many of you here.

All my life- I'm in my early 20s- I've hid behind a beautiful exterior, professional accomplishments, and artistic talents. I've received a lot of attention/narcissistic supply, and had a very privileged upbringing. But I've always felt an internal sense of failure and worthlessness. It's very hard to confide these feelings in others when your life looks perfect on the surface. I feel very negative all the time. It's as if I'm out of touch with my own reality.

The past few years, I've been in and out of therapy and medication trying to combat this terrible depression. No matter what changes I make in my life, the feelings don't seem to leave me. I am haunted by this loneliness. I am constantly paranoid and afraid. I lash out at everyone, and come across as a terribly spoiled brat. I've alienated and lost friends, and I don't even know exactly what I do. I'd give up all so much to have a sense of emotional stability and security.

Perhaps my expectations of life are too high because everything has been given to me. Maybe I don't respect people. I don't enjoy being with others. I don't feel like they understand me. Even when I leave my home, I'm simply tired of just getting attention for looking the way I do and I want people to know who I am and the troubles I have past my seemingly perfect exterior. But I don't even know why I have these troubles.

I can't stop crying these days. I don't feel I know how to interact with others. I am told I have an extremely charming and almost mystic energy that draws people in, and I've always been rather popular. But after a while, I get bored. I don't know what I'm looking for in life. Even my professional ambitions have begun to elude me. I feel that everything is pointless. I feel so misunderstood.

I've reached a breaking point recently as my significant other is tired of my "#######4" and isn't speaking to me. I am trying to get back into therapy. But I don't trust anyone. It seems like simply a business to make money off other people. I don't know how to get help.

Thank you for reading. I hope someone here has some input into my situation. I can't seem to get myself out of this.
hydrangea00
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: [First Post] Feeling Troubled

Postby 9PainfullyAware9 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:36 am

It might be good for you to find people with whom you can let your guard down yet have respect for at the same time.

You sound like you're realizing adoration, admiration and superficiality is not enough. Try giving attention rather than getting it.

Getting a chance learn other people's stories and struggles and giving them support will - it's hard to believe - fill some of that isolation and loneliness and depression. Getting freedom from self can be an unbelievable reprieve.

You're welcome to keep posting on here but in addition therapy is a good idea. A tangle person to learn to trust. As long as they're good at their jobs, it doesn't matter if they're profiting off of it. Also just so you know it's their job to point out things you don't want to see in a semi - gentle manner.

These are just things that were suggested to me.

Wish you luck and that it works out with your signicant other.
9PainfullyAware9
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post