Our partner

I'm so Confused. (Don't know where to put this....) *TW*

Open Discussions about how Mental Illness affects your life.
*****PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE*****

When posting on Psychforums.com please try to pick the forum you think best fits your post. If your post would fit in a specialized forum (there are more than 100 forums here) then please post there rather than in the "Living With Mental Illness" forum. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Moderators could move your thread without notice if they feel it is fitting better into another forum.

The Mod Team

I'm so Confused. (Don't know where to put this....) *TW*

Postby EmptySickness » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:45 am

Sidenote: This may be rambly, and go off topic at times. I'm tired and I have so many thoughts I need to get out there.

This may be triggering to some people. Possible triggers- Self harm, suicide mention, eating disorder mentions.

So, before I start, I'll let you know about my "disorders".
I have Depression, OCD, Anxiety, Social Anxiety, and I've had an eating disorder (not diagnosed).

Well, I'm basically here to get some advice or some type of conversation going. I miss some of my old behaviors, even though I know they were unhealthy. I miss them like you'd miss an old friend you hadn't seen in a while. I want to visit them, I want them to come back and stay.

Mainly I want to cut/self harm myself again, and start up my eating disorder. My depression has never fully gone away, but it seems to be coming back full force, as I find myself empty and tired more often than I have lately. My OCD has gotten better in some ways, and worse in others, and my anxiety is through the roof, per usual.

I am twenty two years old, currently, for a timeline of when the two disorders I mentioned were around.

I began cutting myself when I was sixteen-seventeen, and though I never actually cut myself enough to go to the hospital, it was my way to cope with things when I was upset. I also tried to commit suicide plenty of times, but never managed to actually finish the job.

When I get really upset nowadays, I find myself aching for a blade, missing that old relief. I don't know what to do with the sadness inside, building up, and it just... hurts. I want to get it out somehow, and I only know how to do that via self harm. I miss it so much. I miss the feeling of being able to let it all out. I can't explain why, I can't explain how I miss it, really, but I just do.

The eating disorder began when I was fourteen, and stayed until I was about sixteen. I never got to the point of hospitalization, nor did it get to the point of being "unhealthy weight". I restricted myself and refused to eat unless I was forced, I counted calories, and I generally avoided food if I could help it.

I feel like a failure because I didn't actually get super thin. I feel like I failed some sort of test, and I never finished it. I currently miss my eating disorder as well, wishing I could be skinny again, wishing I could see my bones, wishing for the concern from others that came with avoiding meals. It's sick, I know, but I don't know how to make these feelings go away. I just feel like an overall failure.

Any advice and/or help anyone could give me is much appreciated.
Thank you.
EmptySickness
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 24, 2017 1:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Living With Mental Illness Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post